Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 applicants in my visa application, myself, spouse and my kid.

Do I need to get PCC done for each one individually or just myself?

Kindly share your experience.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for you and your spouse.
Thanks KD!

For me and my spouse will be 2 different PCC's or a single PCC covering both?

Also do you recommend PSK process for PCC? kindly recommend.

regards!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks KD!

For me and my spouse will be 2 different PCC's or a single PCC covering both?

Also do you recommend PSK process for PCC? kindly recommend.

regards!
PCC from India is done through PSK these days. So yes for you and your spouse you need to get it done from the PSK.

Two separate PCCs

However please remember that this has a validity of 1 year only and some of my friends who moved to Aus mentioned that this date will be very crucial in deciding the initial entry date for the applicants. My cousin gave the PCC as per the agent's advise with the docs when filing after ITA and she had got an IED date just a month's time before PCC expired. So they had to plan an initial trip and later make the big move.

Reactions: awalkin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PCC from India is done through PSK these days. So yes for you and your spouse you need to get it done from the PSK.

Two separate PCCs

However please remember that this has a validity of 1 year only and some of my friends who moved to Aus mentioned that this date will be very crucial in deciding the initial entry date for the applicants. My cousin gave the PCC as per the agent's advise with the docs when filing after ITA and she had got an IED date just a month's time before PCC expired. So they had to plan an initial trip and later make the big move.
Thanks Ravi.

Sorry I did not understand the connection between PCC and validation trip?

I was under the assumption that Validation trip should be within 1 year of the Grant.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks Ravi.

I was under the assumption that Validation trip should be within 1 year of the Grant.
Yeah in this case, the validation trip had to be made short because the initial entry date was given with a short notice as they had applied for PCC long back and the grant took few months to arrive (due to many reasons as told by my cousin) and there was no chance of requesting an extension or modification. So they had to land at the earliest, get the docs, come back and then move properly. (They had got this done through an agent and the timelines were also different.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thanks Ravi.

No. The grant comes with a date "Must Make First Entry to Australia Before" (also known as Initial Entry Date or IED) which usually is 1 year from the date of your PCC or medicals whichever gives an earliest date.

·
Registered
579 Posts
No. The grant comes with a date "Must Make First Entry to Australia Before" (also known as Initial Entry Date or IED) which usually is 1 year from the date of your PCC or medicals whichever gives an earliest date.
Agreed bro, but in their case there were some issues with that date as I was told. May be a different and weird case. No details and since they are now making their home, least bothered to discuss that but asked me to get my PCC done as per my convenience.Either before submitting all docs or wait for CO contact. I have not decided on either anyways.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Agreed bro, but in their case there were some issues with that date as I was told. May be a different and weird case. No details and since they are now making their home, least bothered to discuss that but asked me to get my PCC done as per my convenience.Either before submitting all docs or wait for CO contact. I have not decided on either anyways.
They either did their PCC way too early or had a health issue that required them to sign the 815 health undertaking. The 12 months rule is reduced to just 6 months if any applicant is asked for the 815 health undertaking.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They either did their PCC way too early or had a health issue that required them to sign the 815 health undertaking. The 12 months rule is reduced to just 6 months if any applicant is asked for the 815 health undertaking.
I would presume the first case that they did the PCC very early. They had gone through an agent and had some tough time dealing that way. Hence was suggested to avoid an agent as much as possible. Hence my research.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts