Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to complete my PCC formalities. I am currently in Australia for last 10 months and was In India (Hyderabad, Bangalore) during last 10 years before coming to Aus.

I have a 2 year old kid and both my wife and Kid joined me 6 months back in Australia. I want to avail 5 points for Partner skills as well in my application.

I wanted to check:

1) Do I need to apply for PCC for both me and my wife? Till what age, PCC is not required for a Kid?

2) Do I need to apply for PCC from both Aus and India despite time spent in Aus is less than 12 months?

3) Do I need to apply for PCC for my wife (secondary applicant) from both Aus and India despite time spent in Aus is less than 12 months?

4) PCC validity is 12 months. If I get an invite in next 3-4 months however VISA grant takes long time (more than 8-9 months) due to some reason, will I need to go for PCC again? PCC check is done at the time of Visa application or Visa grant?

5) Do we both (me and my wife) need to pass 100 point check for PCC?

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
I want to complete my PCC formalities. I am currently in Australia for last 10 months and was In India (Hyderabad, Bangalore) during last 10 years before coming to Aus.

I have a 2 year old kid and both my wife and Kid joined me 6 months back in Australia. I want to avail 5 points for Partner skills as well in my application.

I wanted to check:

1) Do I need to apply for PCC for both me and my wife? Till what age, PCC is not required for a Kid?

2) Do I need to apply for PCC from both Aus and India despite time spent in Aus is less than 12 months?

3) Do I need to apply for PCC for my wife (secondary applicant) from both Aus and India despite time spent in Aus is less than 12 months?

4) PCC validity is 12 months. If I get an invite in next 3-4 months however VISA grant takes long time (more than 8-9 months) due to some reason, will I need to go for PCC again? PCC check is done at the time of Visa application or Visa grant?

5) Do we both (me and my wife) need to pass 100 point check for PCC?
1. PCC Required for both of you and only for child above 16 years of age
2. You need not take AUS PCC immediately but be prepared to apply for the same as in all probability you will be asked for the same as you are a borderline case
3. India YES, AUS as A2
4. PCC will be checked both during Visa application processing as well as grant.
Many members had to give fresh PCC before grant as it had expired, a member recently posted that although his PCC and medicals had expired he was not asked to submit fresh. So I think the CO has the discretion to ask or not
5. No idea

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi @NB ,

I wanted to know details about below questions (For 189 & 190 visa subclass - offshore applicant). I am aware of the current scenario, but just to understand the process. I am asking below questions. I searched in old posts, but either they are too old or could not find the answer in that:

1. When PCC has to be done? After Visa Invitation is sent or few months after EOI is applied? Since now it is not sure when the invite will be sent, should it be done once visa invite is sent?
2. If passport address is different than current address(different cities), would that be an issue?
3. If I update current address only in Aadhar card, will that help?
4. If my passport address and my spouse's passport address is different (both have permanent address of different cities), will that create an issue?
Updating same address in Bank account and Aadhar card will be enough?
5. Medicals need to be done once CO contacts?

Thanks in advance.

1. PCC Required for both of you and only for child above 16 years of age
2. You need not take AUS PCC immediately but be prepared to apply for the same as in all probability you will be asked for the same as you are a borderline case
3. India YES, AUS as A2
4. PCC will be checked both during Visa application processing as well as grant.
Many members had to give fresh PCC before grant as it had expired, a member recently posted that although his PCC and medicals had expired he was not asked to submit fresh. So I think the CO has the discretion to ask or not
5. No idea

Cheers

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Hi @NB ,

I wanted to know details about below questions (For 189 & 190 visa subclass - offshore applicant). I am aware of the current scenario, but just to understand the process. I am asking below questions. I searched in old posts, but either they are too old or could not find the answer in that:

1. When PCC has to be done? After Visa Invitation is sent or few months after EOI is applied? Since now it is not sure when the invite will be sent, should it be done once visa invite is sent?
2. If passport address is different than current address(different cities), would that be an issue?
3. If I update current address only in Aadhar card, will that help?
4. If my passport address and my spouse's passport address is different (both have permanent address of different cities), will that create an issue?
Updating same address in Bank account and Aadhar card will be enough?
5. Medicals need to be done once CO contacts?

Thanks in advance.
1. You can do the PCC after you are invited , before submitting the application
2. NO
3. Doesn’t matter if you are offshore
4. As long as you are living together, it doesn’t matter
5. You can do it only after the CO generates the HAPID
Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks a lot for the reply !

1. You can do the PCC after you are invited , before submitting the application