Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Experts,
I am trying to fill the online Form for PCC on the passport Office link and there is no option to select " India " as it does not appear at all in the list..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello Experts,
I am trying to fill the online Form for PCC on the passport Office link and there is no option to select " India " as it does not appear at all in the list..
If you are applying for immigration to Australia, you need to select Australia from drop-down as its understood that you are in India while applying for this clearance. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are applying for immigration to Australia, you need to select Australia from drop-down as its understood that you are in India while applying for this clearance. :)
Just found.. Really stupid though.. I was like all the countries are there and only India is not there.. and i want the PCC for India only right :D .., Anyways, thanx for your reply..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
PCC Address Query

Hey Sam,
I am filling the form, now the query i have is .. My address in Passport is different from now.. I made the passport last year April while we were staying on rent in Mumbai, so to avoid any issue with address proof , i got our passport made from Goa only..we have been staying in mumbai since 2014, and recently moved to our own house in Oct 16 .. Now under Prsent Address, i can put our mumbai address, but should i put it from Dec 2014 or Oct 16 .. our passport was made in april 16 .. Will that cause any issues.. I have our electricity bill for the present address.
The form is asking for " present residential address and residing since "
2nd " Is your permanent address same as present address? " so here i am putting our Goa address

and this is what i am getting

Help
You have registered under RPO Goa but your present residential address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO Thane. The registration and present residential address should be with the same RPO.

Kindly advice

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Sam,

I am filling the form, now the query i have is .. My address in Passport is different from now.. I made the passport last year April while we were staying on rent in Mumbai, so to avoid any issue with address proof , i got our passport made from Goa only..we have been staying in mumbai since 2014, and recently moved to our own house in Oct 16 .. Now under Prsent Address, i can put our mumbai address, but should i put it from Dec 2014 or Oct 16 .. our passport was made in april 16 .. Will that cause any issues.. I have our electricity bill for the present address.

The form is asking for " present residential address and residing since "

2nd " Is your permanent address same as present address? " so here i am putting our Goa address

and this is what i am getting

Help

You have registered under RPO Goa but your present residential address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO Thane. The registration and present residential address should be with the same RPO.

Kindly advice

To keep this simple, you should put your present address as Mumbai address where you're staying and ensure you carry all the address proof supporting documents along with you. For e.g., Registered Leave and License agreement in original, Bank passbook with address ( In my case, I have a joint account). PCC is issued on basis current address and passport address can act as your permanent address( need not be verified).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To keep this simple, you should put your present address as Mumbai address where you're staying and ensure you carry all the address proof supporting documents along with you. For e.g., Registered Leave and License agreement in original, Bank passbook with address ( In my case, I have a joint account). PCC is issued on basis current address and passport address can act as your permanent address( need not be verified).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's quite funny.. it accepts my Goa address as " Present Residential Address" and I say NO to "Is your permanent address same as present address?" Please enter the following permanent residential address details, if your permanent residential address is not same as your present residential address " Here i put my Mumbai Address, and the application goes ahead, but not the other way around, where it gave me that error " You have registered under RPO Goa but your present residential address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO Thane. The registration and present residential address should be with the same RPO "
I guess this has just turned complicated :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
it's quite funny.. it accepts my Goa address as " Present Residential Address" and I say NO to "Is your permanent address same as present address?" Please enter the following permanent residential address details, if your permanent residential address is not same as your present residential address " Here i put my Mumbai Address, and the application goes ahead, but not the other way around, where it gave me that error " You have registered under RPO Goa but your present residential address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO Thane. The registration and present residential address should be with the same RPO "

I guess this has just turned complicated :(

I think you need to be consistent with RPO/PSK where you want to book an appointment and your address. If you book an appointment for Goa and put present address as Mumbai address, it will not work since it doesn't fall under same jurisdiction of RPO. Better book appointment at RPO which is closest to your present address and put begin date as date when you shifted here. You may mentioned permanent address as passport address.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts