Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

PCC issue - Mumbai, India

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  harshaldesai 
#1 ·
Dear all,
I had applied for a Police clearance certificate. I have 2 residences between which I keep switching. I mentioned my residence on Passport for Police Clearance Certificate. However, the representative visited my house today and told my father that I should have mentioned about the other residence as well as I am there also for a large amount of time.
I dont know what do i do next....Should I wait for their final report and then reapply or go to the police station and submit additional residence details?
Anyone has an idea?
Request you to guide on the same.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vinay

#3 ·
Guys,

Hows the process for PCC? Some are saying you get it within a couple of hrs and some say couple of days?

Since my wife is pregnant and CO asked us to go for medical for all of us only after the delivery but advised us to go ahead with PCC now as it can take upto 30-40 days? I have taken a slot for 6th Dec morning and see how it goes.

PSK is the most useless thing i must say. I went there today morning to enquire and they have absolutely no clue of the documentation to be carried. So i made up a self list

1. Passport ORG and 2 Copies
2. Old passport ORG and 2 copies
3. Adhar Card ORG and 2 copies (can be used as address proof)
4. Letter from CO asking for PCC. I read on one thread that the PSK demanded for reason for PCC.

Any inputs welcome.

Regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.