Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has applied for PCC in Hyderabad. Could you please tell me procedure here.

I was recently married(Feb 15th, 2017. I had marriage certificate) and address in the passport and current residence are different.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can apply online. Police Verification will be initiated at present and permanent address.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anyone has applied for PCC in Hyderabad. Could you please tell me procedure here.

I was recently married(Feb 15th, 2017. I had marriage certificate) and address in the passport and current residence are different.
Get your address changed. It's important to have both you and your partner's address in sync. Initiate PCC after this and it gets issued on the same day as police verification for change of address would have been done. Change of address and PCC appointments can be booked online.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts

My experience from Bangalore:

My current address and Passport address are different.
My spouse current address(same as mine) and passport address are different

In this scenario, I used bank passbook mine from AXIS, spouse from HDFC bank, changed the address in the banks to sync with current address as per rental agreement.

Took original and photocopies of passbook for past 6 months. Took online bank statement for the past 1.5 years. Booked appointment in PSK and got it in same day.

Note: If your name is not endorsed in your spouse's and vice versa, your PCC will not be mentioning, H/o or W/o , instead they would mention S/o and D/o which is not a big deal .

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

a) Apply online for both of you
b) Take address proofs of current residence
c) Take marriage certificate along with you
d) At PSK, a physical police verification will be initiated which will take roughly 10-15 days

·
Registered
47 Posts
a) Apply online for both of you
b) Take address proofs of current residence
c) Take marriage certificate along with you
d) At PSK, a physical police verification will be initiated which will take roughly 10-15 days
Recently I applied for passport at PSK ToliChowki (Hyderabad). My appointment was at 12:00 noon Aug 2nd Wed'day. By the time I come out after entire process for wife and two kids, it is about 2:30 PM. I got call for police verification on the same day at 7:00PM. I requested the police to visit next day as we were not available. Next day morning (on 3rd Aug) at around 10 AM police has come for verification and uploaded the verified docs in front of me. I got SMS stating that our passports were dispatched through speedpost on 3rd Aug late night at around 11:30 PM and I got them in hand on 4th Aug.

In my case, it took only 3 days from visiting PSK to receiving passports on hand.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Recently I applied for passport at PSK ToliChowki (Hyderabad). My appointment was at 12:00 noon Aug 2nd Wed'day. By the time I come out after entire process for wife and two kids, it is about 2:30 PM. I got call for police verification on the same day at 7:00PM. I requested the police to visit next day as we were not available. Next day morning (on 3rd Aug) at around 10 AM police has come for verification and uploaded the verified docs in front of me. I got SMS stating that our passports were dispatched through speedpost on 3rd Aug late night at around 11:30 PM and I got them in hand on 4th Aug.

In my case, it took only 3 days from visiting PSK to receiving passports on hand.
Glad that you provided your experience, but I believe this thread is about getting Police Clearance Certificate - PCC and not getting passport

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Thanks, but as the query is about PCC so i am sure police verification is quick as well. 15-10 days is the max limit. Its possible that police verification goes quicker for PCC as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Hello There,

Please go through this. I have cross posted my own postS here from other ThreadS. Although it may not completely answer all your questions, still You will have some generic idea about the Hyderabad PCC process:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ot...cc-proof-different-then-current-location.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-indian-police-clearance-certificate-237.html

Please refer: Page 237 & 238 from the 2nd URL

regards,
Raj

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yesteday I got my PCC on one hour from Ameerpet PSK. My passport address and current address are different. They have not did any police verification just on the spot got it. I think now a days for PCC they are not doing police verification.

·
Registered
23,837 Posts
yesteday I got my PCC on one hour from Ameerpet PSK. My passport address and current address are different. They have not did any police verification just on the spot got it. I think now a days for PCC they are not doing police verification.
Police verification will be done atleast for records sake

It's just that it will be done post facto, and in the eventuality , a negative information is found the PCC will be canceled

Cheers

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Did police verification already happen in past at your current address? I mean is this your second PCC at same address?

If NOT, then i think you were lucky as the PSK officer seems to be lenient.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did police verification already happen in past at your current address? I mean is this your second PCC at same address?

If NOT, then i think you were lucky as the PSK officer seems to be lenient.
No, in my current address its my first PCC.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts