Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in a job where I travel a lot and though most of the trips are short couple of weeks to max 3 months, there have been times where I have stayed for longer durations outside of my home country.

This is described below -
UK - 6 months - Oct 05 - Apr 06
UK - 6 months - Jul 06 - Dec 06
Bahrain -11 months - Mar 11 - Feb 12

Could someone please let me know where all would I need to get a PCC from.
My guess is that it would be my home country + Bahrain in the worst case.

Could someone confirm.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello,

If you go to:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You will see this

When is a police certificate required?
If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in any of the countries listed in this document for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years, you must get a police certificate from that country.

The certificate must cover the period of time from the issue date back to the age you ceased to be a

minor or must cover the whole time you were in a country.

For immigration purposes a police certificate is deemed to be valid for 12 months from the issue date.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the info you have given, IMO you will need to get UK police clearance and Indian PCC. Bahrain may not be needed cause your stay was 11 months.

Abhijit

Hello,

I am in a job where I travel a lot and though most of the trips are short couple of weeks to max 3 months, there have been times where I have stayed for longer durations outside of my home country.

Could someone confirm.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Note that even though you've stayed in Bahrain for 11 months, they may ask for it, so just better to be prepared just in case...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wife PCC

Dear All,

I just did a PCC for myself today, just to prepare it before hand. I also need to do a PCC for my wife before the visa application. Neither her nor my passport has Spouse Name updated.

The passport officers told me that she will be issue PCC with just a D/O (daughter of) and not W/O (wife of) as the passport does not have my details.

Do you think there will be any issues with such a PCC?

I would assume that this would be common to a number of applicants.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Note that even though you've stayed in Bahrain for 11 months, they may ask for it, so just better to be prepared just in case...
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Another related question. I am expecting an invite on the Dec 4th list. Does it make sense to apply for the PCC now itself, so that I can upload them with my visa application?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello,

Could someone confirm.
Ok. this will answer your question. Yes you need PCC for above stay. i have extracted this information from my letter which i received today only for character requirements.

You must
provide a police clearance certificate from each country where you have lived for a total of
12 months or more in the last 10 years, these 12 months are calculated cumulatively, not
consecutively.
Country-specific instructions on how to obtain a police clearance is at Welcome to DIBP
allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. this will answer your question. Yes you need PCC for above stay. i have extracted this information from my letter which i received today only for character requirements.

You must
provide a police clearance certificate from each country where you have lived for a total of
12 months or more in the last 10 years, these 12 months are calculated cumulatively, not
consecutively.
Country-specific instructions on how to obtain a police clearance is at Welcome to DIBP
allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf.
thanks. Has anyone applied to UK for a PCC ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am an Indian citizen.My question regarding PCC is that from 2002 till 2010 I stayed in One of the gulf countries and I am in Australia since 2010.I visited India on vacations only so that my total stay in India was less than one year cumulatively in the last 10 years now do I need a Police clearance from India for my PR visa?I also got a Police clearance from the indian embassy of the gulf country before coming to australia,this is dated 2009 will that work for PCC requirement of the PR visa?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts