Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All..I'm wondering how do I make an appointment at the police station so I can submit my PCC? In US- do I need to have an appointment or do they take walk ins?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Hello All..I'm wondering how do I make an appointment at the police station so I can submit my PCC? In US- do I need to have an appointment or do they take walk ins?
You send the FBI police check application directly by mail to the FBI with a copy of your fingerprints.

As for the state checks, it depends on the state but I would suggest using Google e.g. "Massachusetts police check" (obviously substitute with your state)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so for step 1. To fill out the form with my fingerprints..do I need to do this at a police station as the witness or can I bring inkpad and just fill up the form with my prints at home? Step 2. mail the form to fbi?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok so for step 1. To fill out the form with my fingerprints..do I need to do this at a police station as the witness or can I bring inkpad and just fill up the form with my prints at home? Step 2. mail the form to fbi?
Yes , get the finger print taken at your local police station and then follow instructions to mail the form and the necessary fees to the FBI .

Regards

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Yes but you can do the prints yourself if you feel confident enough to do so. Not all police stations will do them, call ahead. There may be a fee.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes but you can do the prints yourself if you feel confident enough to do so. Not all police stations will do them, call ahead. There may be a fee.
My PCC finally arrived. It took about 13+ weeks from the day I mailed out the fingerprints. So relieved that its finally done, application lodged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.