Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

PCC from Santiago de Chile

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  aarav 
#1 ·
Dear Friends,
Still time to do all these things but then was inquiring where to apply for a pcc from chile so when asked by CO am not completely blank..well i inquired with the chilean embassy in uae..and it seems they do not have any clue regarding this matter..and even i dont know where to contact for this matter?..Can any one help me out?..well i was on a residence visa for a couple of years in chile ..and came back in 2006..

Regards
AArav

#3 ·
Hi Aarav:

Try this by submitting Form 80 (Immi.gov.au) and these steps:
Chile
Police Certificate needed?
Yes.
How to get one?
Local Requests
You should apply in person for a Certificado de Antecedentes para Fines Especiales at the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación de Chile. Designated representatives may obtain the certificate on the applicant’s behalf. This designation must be notarized by having both parties appear before a notary public to sign the request for designation.
Non-Resident Requests
You may apply for a Certificado de Antecedentes para Fines Especiales at the Chilean embassy or consulate in your country of residence.

The above steps are from a website for Canadian Immigration, but other than the form used the location should be the same.

You might have to retry the Chilean Embassy and get a more clued up officer.

Instead of Police Clearance, ask them for:
Certificado de Antecedentes para Fines Especiales

#6 · (Edited)
CHILE
Apply using form 80
At the departmental office/post processing
your application
Provide: proof of identity
Form form 80 from the department or website
i found this detail..now what this deparmental office mean?...which office?..what i mean is where should i submit this form 80..this is some thing diffrent..do they mean that we should give it to australian immig only and they will do the needful?..

#8 ·
yeh will have to do that as soon as possible..only thing i noticed is..whereever its respective consulate or embassy they have mentioned the name of the embassy..in this case they havnt so i suppose it should be the australian immig only..but then will have to counter check..i mean on the link osloz gave..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.