Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am presently in the ACS assesment.
I have a query regarding the PCC from India(I know Indians will be in a better position to apprise me on that :)).
Currently, I reside in Manila and PCC takes 45 days for them to process it through Indian Embassy of Manila. My questions.

1. Do I need to submit the PCC right at the stage of ITA which has a deadline of 2 months or I can tell the CO about its later submission?
2. Can I get the PCC done from India instead of the consular offices of Manila ?
Afterall, I am an Indian and its the best place to get it done .

Waiting for some positive Reply from the experienced lot :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I have a query regarding the PCC from India(I know Indians will be in a better position to apprise me on that :)).
Currently, I reside in Manila and PCC takes 45 days for them to process it through Indian Embassy of Manila. My questions.

1. Do I need to submit the PCC right at the stage of ITA which has a deadline of 2 months or I can tell the CO about its later submission?
2. Can I get the PCC done from India instead of the consular offices of Manila ?

1. PCC is submitted post VISA lodge as part of doc upload. If you dont do that then CO will ask you to submit and put the VISA processing on hold till you submit.
2. Not sure about this. But nothing stops your from applying PCC in india. Only question is that they will ask your current address in India where there might be a physical verification if passport address is different from the current address.
If it is same, then i dont see any issues

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. PCC is submitted post VISA lodge as part of doc upload. If you dont do that then CO will ask you to submit and put the VISA processing on hold till you submit.

2. Not sure about this. But nothing stops your from applying PCC in india. Only question is that they will ask your current address in India where there might be a physical verification if passport address is different from the current address.

If it is same, then i dont see any issues

Thanks a lot . This is indeed helpful

·
Registered
577 Posts

1. Either submit it after lodging VISA, or after CO asks for it.

2. Being an Indian gives you every right to get a PCC done in India; if you can physically be present at a passport seva kendra. If not, one issued from Manila will work just fine.

Reactions: samgegr8
1 - 4 of 4 Posts