Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning to go for PCC in INDIA Dec.
Though we are applying from the same address as in the passport. Still there are chances for verification. As I will be available 2-3 weeks in India, and in case PCC certificate is not ready by then, is it possible that I can authorize someone to collect he PCC

Thanks
Vishal

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to go for PCC in INDIA Dec.
Though we are applying from the same address as in the passport. Still there are chances for verification. As I will be available 2-3 weeks in India, and in case PCC certificate is not ready by then, is it possible that I can authorize someone to collect he PCC

Thanks
Vishal
Not sure about you authorizing another person to collect PCC. Best person to respond to that would be the PCC officer or you can call their helpline also.

Couple of points from my own experience

• If you have got your passport created/renewed in last one year, PCC will be issued then and there.
  • Even if verification is required from local police station, PCC is usually ready within a week. So if you get the appointment in first week of your stay here, you can collect it yourself before you leave.

Thnx!

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
No mate, I don't think so. I vaguely remember they stamping the passport about PCC having delivered to you, and so, for that to happen your passport has to be in India (and hence you too). As suggested by prateekjain1988 above, RPO hotline is your best bet to seek an accurate answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.