Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I would like some feedback from those who obtained their PCC's from foreign countries that they lived in, especially in North America.

In order to get a PCC from a country like USA (issued by FBI), Canada (issued by RCMP) or any other country for that matter, does one need to specify a period of stay to the Police Authority in the respective country at the time of sending an application for a PCC?

I understand that each PCC-issuing Authority has its own procedure that an applicant must follow, but for the purpose of Australian Immigration please let me know whether DIAC requires that the PCC state something like this: "This person lived in this country for a period between X and Y, and no records of crimes were found within that period for this person....."

Or, does the PCC say nothing about the period and simply state: "No records of crimes were found for this person...." ?

The thing is, I need to get a PCC from Canada and I am not sure whether I should request RCMP to perform a check on myself for a specific period.

Thanks.

G

·
They are not looking for a specific period. They need to provide a certificate of any information they have in their system.

They may ask what period you lived in the country on the application but the certificate covers your whole life.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts