Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Experts,
I have one Query.
I am in Australia on a WP , and would be applying for 189 coming June..
My wife and Kid are in India as of now, and would be joining me in Aug/Sept . My Question is should i apply for their PCC from India only, or should i get them here once i get the invite and initiate the PCC from Embassy ?
I have heard that Visa processing from Australia is much faster than from India, and either ways i cannot apply my application from Australia and theirs from India ..
Kindly Advice

Regards
Oscar

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hello Experts,
I have one Query.
I am in Australia on a WP , and would be applying for 189 coming June..
My wife and Kid are in India as of now, and would be joining me in Aug/Sept . My Question is should i apply for their PCC from India only, or should i get them here once i get the invite and initiate the PCC from Embassy ?
I have heard that Visa processing from Australia is much faster than from India, and either ways i cannot apply my application from Australia and theirs from India ..
Kindly Advice

Regards
Oscar
When you are applying for a 189, as your wife is a dependent, you will have to provide PCC for her.

As you have to submit your passport and be physically present when applying for it, you will have to do it in Australia through VFS and your wife will have to apply from the nearest Passport Seva Kendra in India

You should not wait to apply for your wife PCC till she comes to Australia if you are submitting your Visa application in June as will delay the processing

Children below 18 (or 16 not sure) do not need PCC

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you are applying for a 189, as your wife is a dependent, you will have to provide PCC for her.

As you have to submit your passport and be physically present when applying for it, you will have to do it in Australia through VFS and your wife will have to apply from the nearest Passport Seva Kendra in India

You should not wait to apply for your wife PCC till she comes to Australia if you are submitting your Visa application in June as will delay the processing

Children below 18 (or 16 not sure) do not need PCC

Cheers
Thanx for your reply newbienz , So basically PCC for wife can be done in India only ?
Would it advicsable to bring her here as soon as I get an invite and then initate the PCC from here itself for both of us ? How kind of validity does the PCC have ? incase i wish to get hers done in june itself ?

" As you have to submit your passport and be physically present when applying for it "
physically present at the address right ? my passport address and physical address is different now , so i will have to update that..

Cheers
Oscar

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for your reply newbienz , So basically PCC for wife can be done in India only ?
Would it advicsable to bring her here as soon as I get an invite and then initate the PCC from here itself for both of us ? How kind of validity does the PCC have ? incase i wish to get hers done in june itself ?

" As you have to submit your passport and be physically present when applying for it "
physically present at the address right ? my passport address and physical address is different now , so i will have to update that..

Cheers
Oscar
I am planning submit my Application once i get the Invite from Australia itself.. So my family might be here before Aug/Sep :fingerscrossed: incase things works out well for us ..

·
Registered
25,782 Posts

Cheers
Oscar
Getting a PCC in India is a very simple affair now. You apply online and take an appointment, go to the PSK and submit the application. In a few days the PCC comes to you by post.
I am sure your wife will have no problem in doing it alone.
The PCC is valid for 1 year from the date of issue

Physically present means that she has to submit the application in person in the PSK in India. She does not need to have to go the Permanent address PSK compulsorily, in case she is another city temporarily.
She just has to have a local residential proof like rent bills, or similar which are accepted by the passport authorities as temporary residential proofs. You can check that list online

If you want to wait till she comes to Australia and then only apply for her PCC, its your choice but your 189 application will be put on hold till such time you upload her PCC

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting a PCC in India is a very simple affair now. You apply online and take an appointment, go to the PSK and submit the application. In a few days the PCC comes to you by post.
I am sure your wife will have no problem in doing it alone.
The PCC is valid for 1 year from the date of issue

Physically present means that she has to submit the application in person in the PSK in India. She does not need to have to go the Permanent address PSK compulsorily, in case she is another city temporarily.
She just has to have a local residential proof like rent bills, or similar which are accepted by the passport authorities as temporary residential proofs. You can check that list online

If you want to wait till she comes to Australia and then only apply for her PCC, its your choice but your 189 application will be put on hold till such time you upload her PCC

Cheers
Ok Great.. 1yr Validity Sound Good.. I will get her PCC Initiated now itself then..
Thanx Buddy ..
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.