Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have submitted my eoi with 60 points under 2613-software engineer and I havnt received the invite.

So, is it ok if I can go ahead and get my PCC done both for Australia & India. Is this is the best time to go for PCC or i should wait untill my eoi invite?

Regards,
Mj:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,

I have submitted my eoi with 60 points under 2613-software engineer and I havnt received the invite.

So, is it ok if I can go ahead and get my PCC done both for Australia & India. Is this is the best time to go for PCC or i should wait untill my eoi invite?

Regards,
Mj:)
Guy's any input for my question.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
You are already onshore and hence the IED does not make any sense to you (assuming that you still will be onshore when the visa is granted). So you might as well go ahead with the PCC.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Initial Entry Date.

this is the date mentioned in your grant before which you may need to enter Australia once to validate your VISA.
this is usually one year after your PCC is granted.

For example if you are in India and you got your PCC done on 15 Feb 2015. But you got your grant on 15 Jul 2015 then your grant may mention you need to enter Australia at least once before 15 Feb 2016 to validate your visa.

What is IED?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I got it, but one more question comes into my mind that suppose if i will get my invite in September round and i am doing my PCC now, so after PR lodgement CO might come and ask me back how come your PCC is old/back dated.?? will it gng to create any mess that time.

·
Registered
973 Posts
No it should not.
its upto you.
I got my PCC for Malaysia before I lodged my VISA.

Ok I got it, but one more question comes into my mind that suppose if i will get my invite in September round and i am doing my PCC now, so after PR lodgement CO might come and ask me back how come your PCC is old/back dated.?? will it gng to create any mess that time.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
DIBP will only care if the PCCs are expired or not. If they assess them within 12 months of the PCCs being issued, it won't be an issue. If the PCCs become older than 12 months, DIBP may ask you to get new ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts