Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

I'm planning to take PCC for self and wife this week.

Below are the details:

I'm applying in the same city which has current address in my passport and my wife name is updated.

My wife passport also updated my name in the spouse column but its having her home address in it.

Now my questions are

1) Is there a provision to apply PCC for both of us in a single application ?

2) As she is having different address in passport, will that be a hurdle to get it ?

·
Registered
23,945 Posts
Hi..

I'm planning to take PCC for self and wife this week.

Below are the details:

I'm applying in the same city which has current address in my passport and my wife name is updated.

My wife passport also updated my name in the spouse column but its having her home address in it.

Now my questions are

1) Is there a provision to apply PCC for both of us in a single application ?

2) As she is having different address in passport, will that be a hurdle to get it ?

Both applications will be separate

She will need proof of temporary residence in this city

Cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.... By the way, her address is also in the same city with a different address.. So, I need to take two different appointments.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks.... By the way, her address is also in the same city with a different address.. So, I need to take two different appointments.

yes both of you will have to take different appointments. proof of current address for both is must.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes both of you will have to take different appointments. proof of current address for both is must.
Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yesterday I went to passport office to apply PCC for both of us. They issued PCC directly to my wife and given police verification to my PCC even when my address didn't change. Didn't get the logic though.. On asking at counter C, he replied saying that my first passport (presently I'm using the second one) have a different address.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Both applications will be separate

She will need proof of temporary residence in this city

Cheers
Hi, Newbienz

I have a question on my wife's PCC address.

We have been married for more than 3 years, and all of her documents (passport+Aadhar+birth Certificate etc.) contains her permanent address (address before marriage).

Can you suggest which address shall we mention on her PCC? We don't any document except marriage certificate showing the relationship with the new address.

If I opt for the permanent address then Will it creates issue with the VISA grant if my and her PCC have different addresses?

Br,
AJ

·
Registered
577 Posts
As I understand, Mention your address as her current address. Her PCC should be from the address she resides in at present; not the one before marriage. You can attach an affidavit stating any change in name, address, etc after marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: adishjain86

·
Registered
84 Posts
As I understand, Mention your address as her current address. Her PCC should be from the address she resides in at present; not the one before marriage. You can attach an affidavit stating any change in name, address, etc after marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, Parth

Thanks for the response.

I have submitted her PCC application with the present address as of mine (Address on my passport).

I plan to take my passport as the address proof of the present address and the marriage certificate. As you suggested, I will get a notarized affidavit stating her present address as well permanent address.

Hope it goes smooth.

Cheers,
AJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts