Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

My agent just mention that I only need to do the medicals and PCC after the CO is assigned. But this is contrary to what I have seen in pretty much all the signatures floating around. I'm confused.

Is it necessary to wait or should I get back to her and let her know there is no harm in doing this earlier?

·
Registered
55 Posts
All,

My agent just mention that I only need to do the medicals and PCC after the CO is assigned. But this is contrary to what I have seen in pretty much all the signatures floating around. I'm confused.

Is it necessary to wait or should I get back to her and let her know there is no harm in doing this earlier?
Hi Jack,

Don't do medical before CO allocation.

I did my medicals two days back but unfortunately I received an update in my evisa plus account stating that it is not necessary to do medicals.

So don't waste money on medicals now but PCC can be done before CO allocation.

regards,
Arun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jack,

Don't do medical before CO allocation.

I did my medicals two days back but unfortunately I received an update in my evisa plus account stating that it is not necessary to do medicals.

So don't waste money on medicals now but PCC can be done before CO allocation.

regards,
Arun

Thanks Arun. Could you elaborate on why wasn't medicals required. I thought, it was mandatory for every one. Which visa as you applying for?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi jack777,

yeah, most of us are impatient and try to speed up the process by arranging the medicals right after lodging the application :eek:. If you are in a country where not all clinics are eHealth enabled that may be worthwhile. For example, our results had to be sent to Global Health in Sydney on paper and typed into the system manually. It took two months until they finally showed up in the system and at about the same time we got our CO. If we had waited for her to tell us to get the medicals done, processing would have taken longer.

Note that the date on your PCCs and medicals (whichever comes earlier) determines the latest visa validation date (usually: +1 year). Depending on how much in a hurry you are to get to Australia it may be worthwhile to wait with both things on purpose. That way you have - potentially - more time until you have to make the validation trip.

People from countries who have to deal with very long external security checks should also wait with PCCs and medicals because both are only valid for a year and they may have to do them again if they cannot get the grant in time. India is not on that list, so no need to worry.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Arun. Could you elaborate on why wasn't medicals required. I thought, it was mandatory for every one. Which visa as you applying for?
Hi Jack,

The following is the exact description in evisa plus account:

No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

And you can see my signature for my visa details.

regards,
Arun

Reactions: BlackBelt

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I guess I'll just wait for my agent to get back.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi jack777,

yeah, most of us are impatient and try to speed up the process by arranging the medicals right after lodging the application :eek:. If you are in a country where not all clinics are eHealth enabled that may be worthwhile. For example, our results had to be sent to Global Health in Sydney on paper and typed into the system manually. It took two months until they finally showed up in the system and at about the same time we got our CO. If we had waited for her to tell us to get the medicals done, processing would have taken longer.
Hi Monika!

Could you please let me know when did you do your medicals and when did they finally shop up in e-visa? Did these 2 months overlap with the Dec/Jan holidays and that was also the factor that it took so long, or where they referred and that was the factor?

I am just trying to figure out what is the delay for medicals who are sent by paper instead of trough eHealth....

People from countries who have to deal with very long external security checks should also wait with PCCs and medicals because both are only valid for a year and they may have to do them again if they cannot get the grant in time. India is not on that list, so no need to worry.
What countries are on this list?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Jack,

I was thinking like you about the medicals. Our agent insisted that we cannot do it before CO allocation. I insisted showing her all the links on diac site. Finally we did it, I think you can only do it upfront if you have not lodged a visa application. Because the procedure states clearly that th applicant must provide the HAP ID when lodging the visa. But not all countries are included in this thing. So better check...

But for the PCC, it may be better to start the process if your case will take too long. Like for us, our agent forgot that we lived in Qatar and UAE as well. She just told us to get a PCC from the local police. It cost 50 cents, and only 2 minutes, no hassle. But then I noticed all the people here are struggling so much for PCC, I read more and found out the sad truth.

In short, Qatar gives pcc in 4+ months, UAE in 45 days. All the paperwork they asked and notarized translations cost so much Money, almost a quarter salary!! We had to fly to İstanbul, one consulate is like in the middle of nowhere, the other consulate is in another place. The papers they asked could only be taken from completely the opposite part of the city. We suffered 3 days!

Now when the co is allocated qatar pcc wont be ready, our visa will be delayed. Imagine if we hadnt applied for pcc when we did, and waited for CO our visa would be further delayed.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Tuba - How did you get the Qatar PCC.
not to discourage you..but this thread is 4 years old...so you can search how people got PCC in qatar in this forum or google or post a thread separately

Reactions: aniththomas

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Tuba - How did you get the Qatar PCC.
We first called the consulate in İstanbul. They said they needed a fingerprint document, notary translated, signed and stamped. We got it from a police station and got it translated. Then we went to the consulate, did the application. After waiting for months, they lost our application :( And at that time our CO was assigned and was asking for the PCC and would not grant visa without it. So knowing that we were so close, we were so frustrated with our agent. We asked a friend in Doha and he did the application for us directly there. I highly recommend finding a friend in Doha and ask them to dress nicely and go for you :) It took only a few days!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My friend did go there. They are asking for a letter from me authorizing him to submit/collect it from my behalf. But that letter needs to be attested my Qatar Embassy in India apparently. Did you have to do that as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts