Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just filed my EOI yesterday, under 263111.
I’m planning to go to medicals and PCC by next 2 weeks. Is it okay to go for medicals and PCC before invite? Any issues or concerns ?

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Depends how soon you get the invite. If you are to get the invite within 1 month max, then I guess you can go for it. You'll always have atleast 2 months of time anyway after the lodgment as CO allocation period right now is 2.5 months, and MED+PCC can be done within that time-frame.

However, if you've to provide any foreign PCC, you should act now as often these PCCs can take some time to issue.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have applied under 263111, which does not comes under the 6 main or golden codes. :p

So, I'm expecting it within 2 invites, as PCC and Med's are valid for 1 year, so is it okay to start now?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had received my EOI earlier and submitted my 189 VISA application today (21/09/2014). I am currently in Australia on a Student VISA, valid from December 2013. I reached Victoria in February 2014. Here are my doubts:

- The medicals I did for my student visa application is less than an year old (Nov'13). Should I be doing a Medical again?
- Should I do a police verification in Australia even though I have not stayed for more than an year?

·
Registered
48 Posts
During the Student VISA application, they dint provide me the health checkup results, but just forwarded it to the Consulate directly. I see that there is an option to attach some health related document along the VISA application. What do I upload, the HAP id?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
During the Student VISA application, they dint provide me the health checkup results, but just forwarded it to the Consulate directly. I see that there is an option to attach some health related document along the VISA application. What do I upload, the HAP id?
yes in the visa application you can mention the previous HAP ID, and again it's completely up to the CO's discretion to accept or ask for new Meds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts