Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Experts,

Hello. My name is Muhammad. So finally, after we have received visa invitations from DIBP, me and my to be wife are planning to apply for it mid next month. I have few questions that I need to ask from experts here on the forum.

1. I have lived in UK for almost 6 years in the past 10 years. Can I request my PCC from UK (ARCO) beforehand as it will take at least 30-45 days before I get it handy. How old can it be to fall under the period of validity?
2. Does the credit card debts by any chance have any impact on PCC?
3. Can we do the medicals beforehand or do we need to undertake it after our case officer requests us to do?

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Muhammad,
You can request for your PCC beforehand but just remember that the validity of PCC and Medicals is 1 year.

Ideally it is recommended to have the PCC and Medicals after CO is assigned so that you get a longer period for your first entry into Australia.The date of First entry into Australia is usually set as 1 year from the date of PCC or Medicals and whichever is done earlier of the two, they take that date.

I dont think credit card debts will have any impact on PCC.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my case, my to be wife is the main applicant and she will do her medicals and PCC when CO will ask. I will do the same for my medical. But because I have lived in UK for 6 years, I have to get my PCC from UK as well that may take up to 45 days. As I will be applying as her partner, will the date be considered according to her PCC and medical or will it be either of us, whoever is earlier?

Also can somebody please confirm regarding the credit card debts as if they are accounted for in PCC or not?

Regards

Muhammad

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
1: Yes you can get your UK PCC beforehand. It only takes 2-3 weeks to get your PCC. Now you can apply online too so this option will save lot of time.

2: No, it's not a Criminal Offence but Civil matter.

'You cannot get a criminal record for the following reasons:

Non payment of debts that include credit cards, bank loans, and council taxes.

Non payment of council tax if a settlement is negotiated. Most councils do not like to take people to court and are willing to work with you to get your debt to something you can afford.

Going bankrupt unless the bankruptcy is called a ‘criminal bankruptcy’ due to things like gambling and overspending.'

3: Yes, you can do medicals before lodging your visa though 'My Health Declarations'

https://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/my-health-declarations.htm

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie

Dear Experts,

1. I have lived in UK for almost 6 years in the past 10 years. Can I request my PCC from UK (ARCO) beforehand as it will take at least 30-45 days before I get it handy. How old can it be to fall under the period of validity?
2. Does the credit card debts by any chance have any impact on PCC?
3. Can we do the medicals beforehand or do we need to undertake it after our case officer requests us to do?

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for your response

Reactions: girlaussie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts