Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As per DIBP, PCC is required if someone lived on a place for more than 12 months in last 10 years.

Scenario: my friend had to visit Bahrain on 2-3 months VISIT VISA during his job couple of times in last 3 years. Hence, the total stay in Bahrain becomes more than one year but it was never in one single trip as he never had Permanent Residence visa of Bahrain.

Question: is he required to get PCC from Bahrain? If yes then how to apply because he never had PR visa from that country.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Yes PCC from Bahrain will be required AS he has lived in Bahrain for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years.

Police Check | Bahrain

Additional information

Relevant document: ‘Good Conduct Certificate’.

Non-residents: Apply in person to any Bahraini embassy. The application form is to be completed and signed by you at the embassy.
Non-residents provide:
a copy of your current and all previous passports that contain Bahrain residence permits
copy of latest Bahrain resident permit
three non-glossy passport size photos with a blue background
a copy of your CPR card or CPR number, and
a set of fingerprints taken by local police in your country of residence.

Fee: payable.
Processing time: approximately two weeks, but might be longer.

Hi,

As per DIBP, PCC is required if someone lived on a place for more than 12 months in last 10 years.

Scenario: my friend had to visit Bahrain on 2-3 months VISIT VISA during his job couple of times in last 3 years. Hence, the total stay in Bahrain becomes more than one year but it was never in one single trip as he never had Permanent Residence visa of Bahrain.

Question: is he required to get PCC from Bahrain? If yes then how to apply because he never had PR visa from that country.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeeten.

As per link

"Non-residents provide:
a copy of your current and all previous passports that contain Bahrain residence permits
copy of latest Bahrain resident permit"

But as I mentioned earlier, he NEVER had Bahrain residence permits. So, how can he apply for PCC now?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

That's correct BUT you have to directly check with the closest Bahraini embassy for details.

Thanks Jeeten.

As per link

"Non-residents provide:
copy of latest Bahrain resident permit"

But as I mentioned earlier, he NEVER had Bahrain residence permits. So, how can he apply for PCC now?

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's correct BUT you have to directly check with the closest Bahraini embassy for details.
Hi,

Hope you would have got the Bahrain PCC. I am in process of applying the same from India. I have a problem in due course.

I stayed in Bahrain for 14 months but in chunks of 3 months. I was there on business visa with validity of 3 months each. Every time I used to come back to India and go back after renewing it.

To cut the story short. 1) Am I eligible for PCC from Bahrain as I was on business visa? 2) If yes, who will issue it and what is turn around time?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts