Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been living in Colombia for the past couple of years and have now returned to the UK and am bringing back my Colombian wife.

I started my new job on 12th Jan. Will my 6 months worth of payslips (12 Jan- 30June) be ok or do I have to complete a full 6 months (12 Jan- 12 July), so my payslip will arrive in Aug?

Do our relationship letter need an affidavit?

Do her official documents (University certificate, job references, birth certificate...) need an apostille as well as be in English?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
You need to show that you've been paid for a full six months, from your start date until 12 July.

Your letter of introduction which details your relationship does not need an affidavit.

ALL documents which are not in English must be translated, accompanied by a note from the translator indicating which documents were translated, date/time of translation, their name and contact details and signature. I'm not sure why you're including job references, university certificate, or birth certificate. It's likely they are unnecessary.

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts
You have to be in employment for 6 full months.

Nothing needs an affidavit.

Anything not in English or Welsh needs to be professionally translated, however her degree, job references and birth certificate are unnecessary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for you reply guys.

I assumed that any official documents would need something like an apostille to prove that they were legal documents, or am I just over complicating things and they only need to be translated?

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
UK hardly ever requires legalisation of documents (apostille). Just professional, certified translation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, great. Thanks

And just to clarify, it seems like I have to wait until August to have my full 6 months of documents, it cant be July?

Thanks you for help guys, you do an amazing job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.