Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.

Hoping for someone to help with questions I have about my payslips for spouse visa.

I receive my payslips every week from my employer. The payslips have my address, my employer name and PAYE reference on them, including the other usual stuff. They are printed in black and white on a white paper. Would that make them look like copies to the ECO instead of originals? Is it worth to have a letter from the employer authenticating them anyway even when they are originals?

My other question is about the rate and hours displayed on my payslips. Previously they showed my rate as my total income per week, and hours as "1". Most recently my payslips show the actual number of hours I work and the rate per hour. Would that be any issue or cause confusion to the ECO? I don't want to clutter the application with notes explaining stuff, so if it doesn't cause a major concern then I could submit without additional notes.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Your employer should sign the payslips and state that they are accurate. It doesn't really matter if they look like copies, what matters is that they are authentic.

It's possible the hours stated on your earlier payslips may cause confusion; in this case, I do think it would be wise for your employer to include with their letter a statement about this discrepancy and how many hours you've worked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your employer should sign the payslips and state that they are accurate. It doesn't really matter if they look like copies, what matters is that they are authentic.

It's possible the hours stated on your earlier payslips may cause confusion; in this case, I do think it would be wise for your employer to include with their letter a statement about this discrepancy and how many hours you've worked.
Would it be better if he writes a letter stating their authentic and sign it, rather than having to sign 26 payslips?

If yes, should the letter be something like "I confirm that the payslips issued to NAME dated from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy are true and authentic" ?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I can only speak from my own experience, as my husband's employer stamped/signed each payslip. I really think each financial document needs to be verified individually. It's not a terrible amount of effort for the peace of mind that you've eliminated any doubt of a document's validity.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would it be better if he writes a letter stating their authentic and sign it, rather than having to sign 26 payslips?

If yes, should the letter be something like "I confirm that the payslips issued to NAME dated from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy are true and authentic" ?

Thanks
My employer did exactly this and it was fine, but it's best to be as thorough as possible so I'd advise they sign each one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.