Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife and I are going to do the Surinder Singh Route in order for me to get the residence card to UK. We thinking about moving to Spain for 3-4 months. when we get there and start working, does my wife have to pay tax on her wages (income tax) in order for it to count and to prove that the centre of her life is moved to Spain?

another question, can we do the SS Route by staying in Tenerife instead of a main city like Madrid (given that in Tenerife there is no VAT)?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, is it adequate if we stayed for 6 months? and regarding the another part of the question, does my wife have to pay tax on her wages (income tax) in order for it to count and to prove that the centre of her life is moved to Spain?

another question, can we do the SS Route by staying in Tenerife instead of a main city like Madrid (given that in Tenerife there is no VAT)?

thanks again :)

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
You can exercise treaty rights in the Canary Islands.
The job you do must be legitimate, so on payroll, taxes paid with social security deductions. It mustn't be cash-in-hand casual work.
Since the change in rule from this months, Home office expects the UK citizen to have moved their centre of life to another EEA state. While no further details have been published, they expect your wife to be integrated into Spanish society, setting down roots, joining club and society etc, I'd have thought. We don't have any real-life case to know how Home Office will implement the rule change. Whether it's possible to do so by being in Spain for less than a year is another moot point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.