Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an American retired with blue cross federal. I just had heart surgery at Hospital tech 100 here in Queretaro it was not an emergency, but necessary. I went to the hospital asked them to call my insurance company they did and blue cross guaranteed payment, I payee nothing for a 4 day stay with a heart procedure and will pay

Only 75 for a follow up CAT scan and lab test on the 23rd When I asked if they do this for all they told me yes if asked, but also take cash. So call you insurance co. find out there procedure on doing this. They were very familiar with Blue Cross, United Health, Met Life and prudential policies.

I have been in all three hospitals here and found out they all do it But in two stays I paid cash and one was 112000 pesos Key is you got to ask.

As far as quality of car for your heart let me recommend Dr. Eliodoro Castro at medico Tec 100

Castro is Houston Texas trained

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for your post on BC/BS Federal. Thats what we have and we've been wondering about it. Not ready to move yet, but getting all our ducks in a row. We see BC/BS also has an International option, but again, we haven't looked into that yet. Right now we're mostly learning Spanish and trying to figure in my head my coarse of action on paperwork for crossing. Good luck with your health

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your post on BC/BS Federal. Thats what we have and we've been wondering about it. Not ready to move yet, but getting all our ducks in a row. We see BC/BS also has an International option, but again, we haven't looked into that yet. Right now we're mostly learning Spanish and trying to figure in my head my coarse of action on paperwork for crossing. Good luck with your health
i have been her 3 years and will help in any way i can to give you info or answer questions for you

mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.