Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my wife are applying for 190 visa next week. I want to ask if we can pay the DIBP fee of around 5300 AUD from a friend's Debit Card in UK and we live and applying from Pakistan. Will that be acceptable. Also can we pay our fee by Debit card or does it have to be by Credit card only

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any one with any help please?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Using a friend's debit card will work. I did the same.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Khalidamen,

What did u do for the police clearance certificate? Can it be through any police station or are there any specifications?
Response shall be much much appreciated.

Regards.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You will have to apply in person at the District Superintendent of Police at your place of residence or former residence.

In my case I applied DPO office G-11 Islamabad for Islamabad PCC. while my former residence ( within last 10 years ) was in Chakwal so also got one from Chakwal DPO office.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
DIBP won't care whose credit card you use, as long as the fee is paid.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for your responses guys. Much appreciated

Khalidmen is your visa granted? If so, can you tell me how long did it took between lodging the visa and visa been granted and if it was 189 or 190?

·
Registered
49 Posts
yes I got my grant email on 16 Jun. Took 62 days from Visa Lodge to Grant.

here is my timeline

Visa 189
ANZSCO Code: 261313
IELTS: 28/02/15 L:8 R:8.5 S:7 W:7
ACS Submitted: 20/03/15, Result: +ve 26/03/2015
EOI (60 Points): 26/03/2015
EOI Auto updated (65 Points): 29/03/2015
Invite: 10/04/2015
Visa Lodge: 15/04/2015
Medicals: 24/04/2015
PCC:12/05/2015
CO: Direct Grant
Grant:16/06/15
To Perth ( Jan 2016 InshaAllah )

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ The Expatriate: Thank you so much for your information. Appreciated

@ Khalidamen: Wow that's great. It was pretty quick. So did you uploaded your medical and pcc before CO even asks for it? Is it wise to do that.

Also if you advise as to whether we need to apply from skillselect account or immi account. Can you tell me the purpose of immi account please.

Me and my wife are applying next week inshAllah. She is the main applicant and I will apply as her partner. She will upload all her documents that includes her education, skill assessment, IELTS, passport copy, marriage certificate, my IELTS and passport copy. Is that all? Do we need to take care of anything else? Any advice or suggestion for us? You have been a great help throughout :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Q: So did you uploaded your medical and pcc before CO even asks for it? Is it wise to do that.

A: Yes all front loaded well before application was allocated. That is why I got Direct Grant without CO contact.

Q:advise as to whether we need to apply from skillselect account or immi account. Can you tell me the purpose of immi account please.

A: In Skill select account you should see a button "Apply Visa" that will take you to immi account. This is where you will lodge and manage your Visa application.

As far as documents are concerned please go through following URL Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) document checklist and make sure you cover all document which apply to your case.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your help :) Much appreciated

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear Khalid,

One more thing that I'd like to ask from you. If you can please share the procedure, details and things that needs to be done and taken care of with regards to medical. Me and my wife needs to do it, hopefully post ramadan so if you can explain the procedure and all other stuff, that would be really great :)

Many thanks in advance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts