Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In need of a PAYG mobile (x2) as well as mobile internet.

I can't get a contract yet as I do not have a fiscal number yet (but planning to sort)

So at the moment I am limited to PAYG.

Any suggestions?

Unlikely to make many calls or SMS, but will need access to the internet.

I might also need to have a mobile internet for a MiFi type device so that we can connect 3 or 4 devices wherever we are. Vodafone seem to do a decent mobile internet, but that is on contract.

Not wanting to cut corners on cost, quality of service and speed are more important .

I am in the eastern Algarve.

Currently paying £3 a day for my Vodafone UK contract to extend here, so anything local must be cheaper :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Internet you'll need a NIF except PAYG, speed, reception etc is about the signal your local mast broadcasts rather than the company, your mast might be great for Vodafone but useless for Optimus or via landline i.e.PT
All wireless internet options offer house telephone & internet package currently Optimus seem to be the most advanced in offering 4G the WoW gives you a router for other devices to use or TP Link do a model for Dongle 3G & 4G about 30€ but all will reguire a contract for unlimited use but probably cheaper than your current PAYG costs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts