Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I declared my taxes last year for the first time and did it via paper/mail. I never received anything back in the mail. I moved apartments at the end of August.

I need to file again this year and thought I could do it online my second year but when I went online I need a tax number but I never received anything in the mail! Is there another way to get the number?

Will I be penalized if I send my tax return in late if I can't do it online? (I am a student so don't make enough to actually have to pay taxes.)

Thank you

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
You should have received an avis d'impots (even if you didn't have to pay tax) which includes your number - it was probably sent to your former address. I'd suggest you go into your local tax office asap and ask what you should do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I didn't receive anything in the mail and unfortunately I can't go to my tax office as I work outside of Paris and don't get home until 7:30pm. :(

·
Administrator
51,337 Posts
I gather you're talking about your French taxes. If you sent in your declaration in paper format, you should have received an avis d'imposition in August or September. For this year, you should have received a pre-filled declaration form. If not, you're going to need to either get declaration forms from your local tax office - or else download them from the Fisc website but the deadline for filing on paper was (I think) today. (Still, the penalty for late filing is a percentage of the tax due - so if you don't owe anything, there is in essence, no penalty.)
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts