Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, anyone know where I can buy one in Nerja, or perhaps Malaga airport on arrival? Looking for one I can put in an unlocked mobile which I'll then leave in our holiday home for future visits. I'll use mainly for Internet so need to be able to tether my iPad to it. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just went through this, after a dozen visits to Spain decided to finally get me a local prepaid Sim chip. The Movistar stores did not have them as I went to 2 locations in Malaga and was turned down.
However if you plan to take the bus from the main bus terminal in Malaga to get to Nerja you can take the train from the airport to Maria Zambrano station. There in the mall at the station is a vodafone store that will get you a prepaid chip. We initially paid 10 euros for a 60 minute 200mb preloaded chip good for 30days. Went back a few days later and topped up with 15 euro 200 minute 1.2 GB for 3 months as we will be back in Spain in July.
Cannot remember a phone store or a kiosk in the airport, as I am usually rushing to get out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. Doing the public transport route in a few weeks, will take your recommendation then. Great forum!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If you won't be using the phone to call other Spanish numbers the Orange Mundo card is good. You get 1GB Internet to use in 30 days. Calls to other other Orange Mundo numbers are free, so a couple with one each works well. Cost is 9 Euros PAYG.

A big attraction is that calls to the UK cost 0.01 Euro a minute.

The only circumstances in which this card is not the right one, is if you want to make lots of lengthy calls to other Spanish numbers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh that sounds interesting...it's mainly data as we use Skype...where would be the nearest place to Frigiliana to buy one??

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Lots of places sell them. Look for what we used to call Internet cafes. Places with a few computers for use, copying facilities, etc. They sell SIMs for several providers. There are Orange outlets too but I am not sure where you will find one of those where you live.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh that sounds interesting...it's mainly data as we use Skype...where would be the nearest place to Frigiliana to buy one??
There's a few phone shops down the road in Nerja. Orange, Vodaphone etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sim cards

Dont mean to hijack your thread but I want a spanish sim to use in spain for spanish calls and maybe a little surfing.

Used Hits Mobile and dont seem to get much in minutes for a €10 top up, only got 10 mins or so!:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hijack away, just back from Spain but had workmen in so didn't get a chance to buy my SIM....next time for sure as it cost me £27 for the 10 days through my UK provider..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts