Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My husband, 13-year-old daughter and I are going to be in Pau in December. We will be there 12/23 - 12/27. Since we will be there during the Christmas holiday, we are hoping to find a B&B near or in the city center. I have been looking online, but can't seem to find anything that works for us. This is our official trip to see if we fall in love with Pau and relocate in the next year or two. If you have any insider tips as to where to stay and what to do on Christmas, please let me know. Thank you so much!

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello. My husband, 13-year-old daughter and I are going to be in Pau in December. We will be there 12/23 - 12/27. Since we will be there during the Christmas holiday, we are hoping to find a B&B near or in the city center. I have been looking online, but can't seem to find anything that works for us. This is our official trip to see if we fall in love with Pau and relocate in the next year or two. If you have any insider tips as to where to stay and what to do on Christmas, please let me know. Thank you so much!
I live in Pau and had family here before I moved, so I've never needed holiday accommodation here.

Here's a link to B&Bs in the area - none of them are actually right in the centre of town https://www.chambres-hotes.fr/chambres-hotes_pau_27805.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw9O3NBRB3EiwAK6wPT2GT5LfeW2CBPEeFBEdvIji4XYib7dtTJgSUM4Re3LAJckP0elkr1hoC6QAQAvD_BwE. A Casa is the most centrally located and has good reviews, however it's closed over Christmas - and that will undoubtedly be your biggest problem if you are looking for a B&B.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why a B&B? You would probably have better luck finding a gite or short term apartment rental; then you could cook. Lots of places are closed here over the Christmas holidays, including restaurants. And I would suggest that you look for something in centre ville. If you are interested, on Christmas Eve, there is an early evening family service at Saint Jacques and a midnight service at Saint Martin, both in centre ville.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello. Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, A Casa is not open during the holiday. It's too bad because they were exactly what I was looking for. However, thank you for the tips. I will look into the other Airb&b you recommended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello. We thought it would be nice to stay in a b&b to have more of a family vibe. However, we are open to suggestions and a gite might be another option for us if the b&b's don't work out. Thank you for the information regarding mass. Are there any holiday activities in the town that we should look into? Thank you.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts