Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My husband will be submitting his application for a spouse visa this week hopefully. I am settled in the UK and using Cat A for finances. I have three questions:

1. If he submits my (sponsor's) original passport- does he still need to notarize the photocopy?

2. I started my job end of January 2013. Our organisation has recently become an enterprise and changed it's owners but no changes have been made to my pay (I earn 25, 800) but due to the changeover from one owner to the other in March, we were not given P60's and I have requested one but have been given a statement of earnings which shows my tax and earnings from end of feb to end of march. It does not reflect my full pay due to the time i resumed employment. Should i still include this and explain that due to the time i started work i have not been given a P60 and also the statement of earnings has been submitted for information only?

3. I have x6 payslips and x6 bank statements, employment contract and letter from employer? could they penalise me for not having a P6O?

I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi all

My husband will be submitting his application for a spouse visa this week hopefully. I am settled in the UK and using Cat A for finances. I have three questions:

1. If he submits my (sponsor's) original passport- does he still need to notarize the photocopy?

2. I started my job end of January 2013. Our organisation has recently become an enterprise and changed it's owners but no changes have been made to my pay (I earn 25, 800) but due to the changeover from one owner to the other in March, we were not given P60's and I have requested one but have been given a statement of earnings which shows my tax and earnings from end of feb to end of march. It does not reflect my full pay due to the time i resumed employment. Should i still include this and explain that due to the time i started work i have not been given a P60 and also the statement of earnings has been submitted for information only?

3. I have x6 payslips and x6 bank statements, employment contract and letter from employer? could they penalise me for not having a P6O?

I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance.
Hi,

1. If he is submitting his original passport. you don't need a certified/notarized copy. Just a plain photocopy of the Bio page is sufficient

2. I'd say yes; include your statement of earnings, explaining it thoroughly to avoid any confusion and also a paragraph on why you don't have your P60 (see below)

3. I am submitting everything apart from my P60 too because when I started my job, my first pay came after the end of the last tax year. I am simply including a page (well, its about 1/4 page) explaining why I have not submitted the P60. It also states in the financial requirement appendix to submit it only if you have it. I.E. If you have it, submit it. If you genuinely don't, a letter explaining why will suffice. If you submit it without your P60 and DON'T explain why you haven't submitted it, they may request it from you (not knowing you don't have it) and it would delay the decision on your application.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Keep your passport

Hi all

The sponsor doesn't send their passport. Only a photocopy of your bio page is needed and it doesn't need to be certified. I used a color copy just because I have a color copier.

Good luck!

Reactions: Happysunshine

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
But if your sponsor isn't a British citizen but still settled in UK, you need their passport copy authenticated by their embassy/consulate, or by the issuing authority, and enclose with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your help. 2 days before submission and im sure il hv more questions between now and then.
Any idea how long applications are taking to process in Zimbabwe?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.