Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is planning to apply for visit visa in July. Since Philippines is a visa national then she needs a visa coming over to the UK. Her passport will expire December this year. If she gets the visa it will be valid for 6 months but she is only planning to stay until November.

Is it okay not to renew the passport? Or does she have to have more than 6 months validity on the passport?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
A friend is planning to apply for visit visa in July. Since Philippines is a visa national then she needs a visa coming over to the UK. Her passport will expire December this year. If she gets the visa it will be valid for 6 months but she is only planning to stay until November.

Is it okay not to renew the passport? Or does she have to have more than 6 months validity on the passport?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
I don't know about the rules for the Philippines but many countries recommend you do NOT travel using a passport that is due to expire in 6 months or less. I can't say for sure if they would deny her the visa due to this but I would highly recommend she get her passport renewed before she applies for the visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.