Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Me and my wife (the main applicant) are lodging our 190 visa next week. I have a query regarding the passport validity. On booklet 6 at DIBP website, it says,

"The passport should be the passport you will use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted and should be valid for an adequate period (it is recommended this be at least 2 years)"

However, the validity of my passport is 10 months whereas for my wife its sufficient. Will this be an issue. If so, what can be the possible solution. We don't have much time left before the expiry of the invitation by DIBP. Please help :(

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hello, Me and my wife (the main applicant) are lodging our 190 visa next week. I have a query regarding the passport validity. On booklet 6 at DIBP website, it says, "The passport should be the passport you will use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted and should be valid for an adequate period (it is recommended this be at least 2 years)" However, the validity of my passport is 10 months whereas for my wife its sufficient. Will this be an issue. If so, what can be the possible solution. We don't have much time left before the expiry of the invitation by DIBP. Please help :( Regards Muhammad.
You can change your passport details after lodgement.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

FIRST you MUST lodge your VISA application at the earliest.

THEN apply for Passport renewal.

IDEALLY you should get you NEW passport in 2 months time. Also see IF the passport issuance can be expedited by paying additional government fees (In India we call it Tatkaal passport).

AFTER your NEW passport is issued INFORM DIBP/CO by filing the following form:

Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details

How can I update my address or passport details?

Hello,

Me and my wife (the main applicant) are lodging our 190 visa next week. I have a query regarding the passport validity. On booklet 6 at DIBP website, it says,

"The passport should be the passport you will use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted and should be valid for an adequate period (it is recommended this be at least 2 years)"

However, the validity of my passport is 10 months whereas for my wife its sufficient. Will this be an issue. If so, what can be the possible solution. We don't have much time left before the expiry of the invitation by DIBP. Please help :(

Regards

Muhammad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts