Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have just received my grant letter today. My passport will be expiring in FEB 2018.

I am planning to travel in January 2018, With only 3 months left to expire , Can i still travel.

In case, If i renew my passport, How do i update it to DIBP.

Please advise.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I guess you can travel, but best to check with the airlines.

As for updating your new passport, login to your immiAccount PR application, click on 'update us' and then 'change of passport details'

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dear All,

I have just received my grant letter today. My passport will be expiring in FEB 2018.

I am planning to travel in January 2018, With only 3 months left to expire , Can i still travel.

Please advise.
It is best to renew your passport. Renewal in General Scheme takes maximum 14 days and under Tatkal, it takes maximum 7 days.
Once, you get your new passport, change your passport credentials in your myimmyaccount.
Just to be on a safer side, fill up "Change in Particulars" form and send it to DIBP by email.
I changed my passport after visa grant last year and updated DIBP through email. After a couple of business days, I received an email saying "Your information has been updated in DIBP's database".

·
Registered
140 Posts
Folks, I too received the "Your information has been updated in DIBP's database", email and i can check in VEVO too but i haven't received a new grant letter with the updated passport details. How can i get a New Grant Letter with passport details.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Folks, I too received the "Your information has been updated in DIBP's database", email and i can check in VEVO too but i haven't received a new grant letter with the updated passport details. How can i get a New Grant Letter with passport details.
When did you update your details? Did you do it online or via the 929 form?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You cannot, they do not issue a new grant letter. But I think you can print out from VEVO showing the new passport details (not sure of this).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have sent an email to "[email protected]" and got my new passport number updated. The Vevo is showing the new passport number. I have sent an email from vivo and got printout of the same. Hope it will be enough but can't be sure with Indian Immigration.

Seniors: Anyone who has traveled with a changed passport number share their details.

Hannibal

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have sent an email to "[email protected]" and got my new passport number updated. The Vevo is showing the new passport number. I have sent an email from vivo and got printout of the same. Hope it will be enough but can't be sure with Indian Immigration.

Seniors: Anyone who has traveled with a changed passport number share their details.

Hannibal
Thanks for updating us. how long did it take for them to respond?

Regards,
Satish

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bro, most airlines don't let you travel, they require minimum 6 months validity in Visa. It might be an issue with Immigration.

Possible way out: Apply for Tatkal Passport . Update the passport details to [email protected] for updating it. Your new passport details will be updated in a weeks time (max).

Since you have 3 months, please do it ASAP and yes, opt for Tatkal Passport .

Hannibal

Dear All,

Please advise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts