Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have just received my grant letter today. My passport will be expiring in FEB 2018.

I am planning to travel in January 2018, With only 3 months left to expire , Can i still travel.

In case, If i renew my passport, How do i update it to DIBP.

Please advise.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dear All,

I have just received my grant letter today. My passport will be expiring in FEB 2018.

I am planning to travel in January 2018, With only 3 months left to expire , Can i still travel.

Please advise.
It is best to renew your passport. Renewal in General Scheme takes maximum 14 days and under Tatkal, it takes maximum 7 days.
Once, you get your new passport, change your passport credentials in your myimmyaccount.
Just to be on a safer side, fill up "Change in Particulars" form and send it to DIBP by email.
I changed my passport after visa grant last year and updated DIBP through email. After a couple of business days, I received an email saying "Your information has been updated in DIBP's database".

·
Registered
144 Posts
Folks, I too received the "Your information has been updated in DIBP's database", email and i can check in VEVO too but i haven't received a new grant letter with the updated passport details. How can i get a New Grant Letter with passport details.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Folks, I too received the "Your information has been updated in DIBP's database", email and i can check in VEVO too but i haven't received a new grant letter with the updated passport details. How can i get a New Grant Letter with passport details.
You cannot, they do not issue a new grant letter. But I think you can print out from VEVO showing the new passport details (not sure of this).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have sent an email to "[email protected]" and got my new passport number updated. The Vevo is showing the new passport number. I have sent an email from vivo and got printout of the same. Hope it will be enough but can't be sure with Indian Immigration.

Seniors: Anyone who has traveled with a changed passport number share their details.

Hannibal

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have sent an email to "[email protected]" and got my new passport number updated. The Vevo is showing the new passport number. I have sent an email from vivo and got printout of the same. Hope it will be enough but can't be sure with Indian Immigration.

Seniors: Anyone who has traveled with a changed passport number share their details.

Hannibal
Thanks for updating us. how long did it take for them to respond?

Regards,
Satish

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bro, most airlines don't let you travel, they require minimum 6 months validity in Visa. It might be an issue with Immigration.

Possible way out: Apply for Tatkal Passport . Update the passport details to [email protected] for updating it. Your new passport details will be updated in a weeks time (max).

Since you have 3 months, please do it ASAP and yes, opt for Tatkal Passport .

Hannibal

Dear All,

Please advise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.