Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to the forum. It's a great resource! I've been approved for a Passport Talent Visa and will hopefully be moving to France shortly. But my role with the employer who applied for the visa may fall through. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before? Is it possible for this visa to be transferred? Can another employer take over the visa? What would be the process and is it difficult? Any advice or insights will be greatly appreciated :)

·
Administrator
49,083 Posts
The Passport Talent visa is relatively new, so we haven't had (m)any folks through here yet on that particular visa. You may want to take a look at the Service Public page https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F16922

The one thing I see is that there are a number of categories within the "talent visa" and any transferability of your visa may well depend on which category you fall under. If your category requires a "work contract" it will probably be considerably more difficult to "transfer" the visa without having to return back home to start the process again. If you're in one of the categories where you're setting up your own business or functioning as an independent in France, it may not be a problem.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts