Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am an EU Blue card holder from France. The new law on immigration that was published in France on March 2016 took its full effect on 1st November. I guess its one of the biggest change in recent time in terms of french visa issued for work/professional.
The law creates a new category of residence card in France, the “passport talent”. This includes, among other categories, the current European Blue Card holders and the Intra-company Transferred under French contract. AND THE VALIDITY IS FOUR YEARS!!
In addition, changes of status from student in France to worker will be facilitated under certain conditions such as student holding a Master and having a promise of hiring in their field after completing their studies. Market test will no longer be required even without the APS (“autorisation provisoire de séjour”, temporary stay authorization for students)

I like to know the changes for EU Blue card and i am unable to get any details... :( Do existing EU blue card holders from FRANCE need to change the status, If we change the status what will be the benefits etc...

If any body have more details please share...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO here is the news. France have decided to stop the mess of making legal migrants to go to prefecture every year!!
Residence permit of a maximum duration of 4 years, and possibly for the family of the beneficiary, aims to make it more readable the right to stay talents that France wants to host a greater number.

This card relates to 10 categories that reflect current economic realities:
skilled graduates employed or employees of a young innovative company;
highly qualified workers (EU Blue Card)
employees on assignment;
Researchers ;
Business creators;
Holders of an innovative business project;
economic investors;
corporate officers;
performers;
foreigners with a national or international reputation (scientific, literary, artistic, intellectual, educational or sports).
Those who qualify enter France with a long-stay visa. They go in the prefecture for the issuance of a multi-year residence permit for a maximum of 4 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts