Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just yesterday we got a message saying that my wifes spose visa application has been processed and that they will be sending back her passport. Is it normal they send passports back without telling you the result? We are hoping it comes back with a visa inside! Fingers crossed:fingerscrossed:

The message we received follows:

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF****** was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/10/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I was just wondering what we will need to do after she gets the visa? Will she need to come to the UK within one month and will we need to get her residence card as soon as she arrives?

The passport is going to arrive tomorrow... Hoping for the best!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yep, they don't tell you the outcome apart from via post with your passport.

Once she gets the visa, she has to enter the country during the time period on the vignette found in the passport. Once in the country she'll have to collect her BRP card within 10 days (I think - it'll specify in the letter). The BRP is actually her visa, not the vignette in the passport.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hippoman,

We are praying it is successful! We have been waiting over 6 months and it was put on hold since June so It could possibly be a rejection... If so I don't know what this half a year and all this heartache has all been for... I wonder how many people were actually successful after a pause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.