Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I already have my visa stamped in my passport. However I have decided to renew my passport since it will be expired by September 2010 and while I am still here in the Philippines. My question is shall I use form 1022 or form 929 to inform DIAC? Shall I inform them directly or I shall ask the agent I used to inform DIAC on my behalf? Help please. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i dont think you have to inform DIAC. all u need to do is send the pp to the embassy and they will stamp the new one or u can also attach the old passport with the new one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think you have to inform DIAC. all u need to do is send the pp to the embassy and they will stamp the new one or u can also attach the old passport with the new one.
I have read in the grant letter that I need to advise the department for my new passport details since the granted visa is linked to the passport number but it is not specified in details where to send it. So I think I really need to inform them. I tried to send an e-mail to the department here in the Philippines and just waiting for their reply. Will update you when they reply. Thanks for the insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts