Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am travelling to Australia on 189 visa in 10 days, and I was thinking to renew my passport in Singapore, as it will take only 5 days to renew.

So, I wanted to know if I update my new passport details in the immi account, I will not have any problem travelling with new passport to Australia. Or is there any other step that needs to be taken for the passport updation in Australia records.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hi, I am travelling to Australia on 189 visa in 10 days, and I was thinking to renew my passport in Singapore, as it will take only 5 days to renew.

So, I wanted to know if I update my new passport details in the immi account, I will not have any problem travelling with new passport to Australia. Or is there any other step that needs to be taken for the passport updation in Australia records.

Thanks in advance.
How much time gap will be there between you updating the new passport details and your flight

It may take time to reflect in your records and may not be instantaneous

Please consider this angle

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, If say I update on Monday and I am flying coming Friday.

Will it get updated, should I take this chance.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hi, If say I update on Monday and I am flying coming Friday.

Will it get updated, should I take this chance.

Thanks
I would not take the chance

DIBP sites will be overloaded in coming week as new quotas are releasing

Why dont you get in renewed in Australia or after returning

Cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Do not take chance!! Renew your passport only after you validate your visa!! DIBP will take few days to reflect your updated passport details.

Also, what if they have some technical issues and deliver your new passport after your intended date of travel?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I guess I would renew once I reach Australia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.