Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I should start by explaining that I am a US citizen and marrying a UK citizen. My fiance and I are trying to get the final items prepared for our application, so that we can submit it as soon as we get married and I can properly move to London as soon as possible.

Today's activity was to get my passport photos to include. I was able to find out (on a few threads, here on ExpatForum) that Walgreens has software that they use to properly size the photos they take, and that was super helpful. My question now is whether those photos need to be cut down to the 45mm x 35mm size they require or if I should leave the sheet solid and submit it that way.

This application process is making me crazy and neurotic, and I've been fretting about all of the details, so it would help if someone can let me know what they've experienced, and if I should cut the photos down or leave them as one 4x6 print.

Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
If the guidance indicates a specific photo size, I would send the photos cropped to the stated size... the UKBA is not in the habit of cutting down photos for applicants.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi everyone,

I should start by explaining that I am a US citizen and marrying a UK citizen. My fiance and I are trying to get the final items prepared for our application, so that we can submit it as soon as we get married and I can properly move to London as soon as possible.

Today's activity was to get my passport photos to include. I was able to find out (on a few threads, here on ExpatForum) that Walgreens has software that they use to properly size the photos they take, and that was super helpful. My question now is whether those photos need to be cut down to the 45mm x 35mm size they require or if I should leave the sheet solid and submit it that way.

This application process is making me crazy and neurotic, and I've been fretting about all of the details, so it would help if someone can let me know what they've experienced, and if I should cut the photos down or leave them as one 4x6 print.

Thanks so much!
I couldn't find a Walgreen's or any other store who would do the UK format so I just sent the regular US photos. Don't need to cut them down, just send as you receive them.

Good luck!

Reactions: kat2014

·
Registered
89 Posts
I couldn't find a Walgreen's or any other store who would do the UK format so I just sent the regular US photos. Don't need to cut them down, just send as you receive them.

Good luck!
We did this with our visa application and my wife's UK passport renewal. We had no problem either time with US-sized passport photos.

For our son's UK passport application, we took our own photos with a digital camera and cropped them using ePassportPhoto.com, though idphoto4you.com works just as well. (There are probably other sites, as well.) They're free sites that have different countries' face placement and crop sizes pre-programmed in. You upload your pictures, resize and crop according to their guides, then save the finished photo sheets and either print them up yourself, or email them to the photo department at your local pharmacy's photo shop department (or other type of store).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.