Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I was just wondering where everyone got their passport photos taken for their visa applications? I was going to have mine done at CVS Pharmacy but they do not do the 35mm by 45mm that is required and I dont want them to be wrong. Just wondering what everyone did? And do we need these for the biometrics appointment?

thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi All!

I was just wondering where everyone got their passport photos taken for their visa applications? I was going to have mine done at CVS Pharmacy but they do not do the 35mm by 45mm that is required and I dont want them to be wrong. Just wondering what everyone did? And do we need these for the biometrics appointment?

thanks so much!
CVS photos, as long as they are done in the US passport style, are fine. Accepted by UKBA-ask me how I know:D

There are a couple of recent-ish threads on acceptable sizes, and the consensus was CVS photos were OK.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wish I had read all of this before I decided my CVS ones were not acceptable and went on a massive search to get the correctly sized ones done...

If you'd like to get the 35x45 ones just to be on the safe size, I got them done at a AAA office. They had a special passport camera and were able to take and print them to the English specs. It was $12 which was just $2 more than the CVS ones.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They would be free if you were a AAA member. They are $12 if you are not a member. We aren't members and they were still very helpful to us - just charged us the $12 and told us that it would have been free if we were members (along with a little spiel about the other perks of membership.)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
For the piece of mind to have it precisely the size, I'd agree the AAA deal is quite a bargain-I'm thinking it's even less than the CVS, seems I paid just under $15 there. LOL, I still had a AAA membership at the time, too, oh boy am I kicking myself!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to my AAA office and they dont do the UK dimensions :( So I guess I will have to just get the American sized ones and the UKBA will cut them down to the right size?? I live in Los Angeles and I'm having a hard time finding a place to do the UK dimensions, so I cant imagine what it's like for people from small towns!! Its so stressful!!!! Can't wait to have it all sent in!!! Just a few more days now :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also provided photos which were taken at AAA which in my case were accepted. The photo which was put in my VISA is part of a big sticker that covers a whole page. It contains a smaller, scanned version of the original pic.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Because several of us have successfully used CVS passport photos after the new guidelines had come out, I really think you'll be ok doing the same. I Googled, and three store locations came up in L.A., so you should be able to find one close to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.