Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Non-migrating Family Members does not Passport - SC 189

Hello Dear,
I have received the invitation to apply for Visa on the 20th September and while applying for VISA, I can see I have to submit passport information for my Non-migrating family members. Unfortunately, my parents and sister don't have a passport. So shall I proceed without adding them as family members, or make passport for them first?
They are not dependent on me.
Regards

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hello Dear,
I have received the invitation to apply for Visa on the 20th September and while applying for VISA, I can see I have to submit passport information for my Non-migrating family members. Unfortunately, my parents and sister don't have a passport. So shall I proceed without adding them as family members, or make passport for them first?
Regards
The application asks details of members of your family unit. Parents and siblings are not a part of your family unit. Only your partner and any dependent children are.

Dont include your parents or sister in the application. Mention their details in form 80 though.

Reactions: anamul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The application asks details of members of your family unit. Parents and siblings are not a part of your family unit. Only your partner and any dependent children are.

Dont include your parents or sister in the application. Mention their details in form 80 though.
What is form 80? I am now applying for Visa in Elodge.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hello Dear,
Regards

Only your partner & children (if any) details are required w.r.t to passport details..

Would suggest you to spend some time in going through form 80 & 1221 as well the visa application form, before you attempt to fill out the details!

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only your partner & children (if any) details are required w.r.t to passport details..

Would suggest you to spend some time in going through form 80 & 1221 as well the visa application form, before you attempt to fill out the details!
I am not married, so no children as well :p
BTW, the question clearly states about family member, and in the "Relation with the applicant" drop-down menu, "Parent" and "Sister" are also in the option, not only partner or children. That concerns me most.
I will read form 80 and 1221 for further study, but I am worried whether I can introduce new family member later, as I am declaring I have no "Non-migrating" and no "migrating" family member.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdf

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1221.pdf

You have to submit these forms along with other documents. Fill them for you and your spouse, as well as accompanying children
BTW, the question clearly states about family member, and in the "Relation with the applicant" drop down menu, "Parent" and "Sister" are also in the option, not only partner or children. That concerns me most.
I will read form 80 and 1221 for further study, but I am worried whether I can introduce new family member later, as I am declaring I have no "Non-migrating" and no "migrating" family member.

·
Registered
424 Posts
BTW, the question clearly states about family member, and in the "Relation with the applicant" drop-down menu, "Parent" and "Sister" are also in the option, not only partner or children. That concerns me most.

Don't stress unnecessarily :)

Go through the forms. It is self-explanatory. At this stage, you only need to worry about getting your documents in place as you are single and not of your other family members.

Your immediate family member's details are required only for record purpose in form 80. No their passport number is not required at any stage while filling out your visa form.

·
Registered
577 Posts
BTW, the question clearly states about family member, and in the "Relation with the applicant" drop down menu, "Parent" and "Sister" are also in the option, not only partner or children. That concerns me most.
Since your are unmarried without children, you wont have any member in your family unit; migrating or otherwise. Read these to clarify who can be defined as your family member. https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1496i.pdf, https://www.border.gov.au/Migrationagents/Pages/member-of-family-unit.aspx

Do not include anyone in your VISA application. Your parents and sisters should only be mentioned in the form 80, and not in the application itself. I hope this clears your doubt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Even I dont know passport details of my parents so I left it blank and lodged the application without any hesitation. I am also unmarried but I have mentioned everything in form 80 and 1221.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much, brother. Form 1469i clearly states only Partner and Dependent Child up to 23 years old can be included in family member unit. Proceeding accordingly :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts