Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to apply for a PR, my passport expires in mid 2013.
One of my friend intimated that to apply for a PR you need to renew the passport since they require passport with atleast 2 years validity.

I am unaware about the same, is it possible for someone to throw some light on this? Also, if I apply to renew my passport soon, any idea how long would it take?

Also, in case I apply for renewal, I believe i have to give my passport, in the meanwhile can I sit for IELTS considering i am currently in Australia and I have only one valid photo ID proof an tht is passport

Cheers
Pintoo

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nope that doesn't matter. You should have at least 6 months when you apply. Of your passport expires you just renew and send updated details to DIAC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope that doesn't matter. You should have at least 6 months when you apply. Of your passport expires you just renew and send updated details to DIAC.
Hi naoto,

Thank you for your prompt response, so i need not worry abt my passport expiry? Any specs on immi site regarding the validity of 6 months as you mentioned?

Thanks
Pintoo

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Passport can be renewed a 11 month before its expiry, you say it is valid til mid 2013, you can not do much and you need not bother, go ahead with your application, a and when it is nearing its expiry date, renew it and inform DIAC with changed passport number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.