Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to move to Melbourne early March. My passport expires in July 22nd. Will that be a problem? Should my passport be vaild for a specific period to allow me to travel?
I was planning to renew after I have landed in Australia so as to validate my VISA based on the PP I had placed in my application as I heard it would be a hassle otherwise.
What should I do?

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does Australia require that my passport be valid for 6 months or more for me to enter?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Technically, to the extent of my knowledge, they can't stop you from entering. They will advise you though. You can renew your passport after arrival through vfs - Google their website.

Having said that, trust me it's not something you'll want to do. It's just more hassles. My advice: get it done while you're in your home country and do NOT forget to inform immigration about the change of your passport and carry both with you while travelling.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Scorpio,

As far as i know, the passport should be valid for 6 months. so please renew it before you leave.
Some or most Airlines may stop you from boarding if the passport is not valid for at least 6 months.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
This question was asked 11 months ago by OP & by now he must have made his entry.

Girl Aussie

Technically, to the extent of my knowledge, they can't stop you from entering. They will advise you though. You can renew your passport after arrival through vfs - Google their website.

Having said that, trust me it's not something you'll want to do. It's just more hassles. My advice: get it done while you're in your home country and do NOT forget to inform immigration about the change of your passport and carry both with you while travelling.

·
Registered
75 Posts
OMG I'm 11 months behind! I need to hurry up...lol. Not mocking at ya..girlaussie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts