Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Perhaps a stupid questions but these immigration forms make me doubt myself...

I am trying to fill out a Generic Application form for Canadian Spousal Visa and I have a UK passport. It asks me to indicate the country of issue which I thought would be Great Britain or United Kingdom but I can't find that option. Instead I have the option of Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales or United Kingdom & colonies... None of these are mentioned anywhere on my UK passport, although I am Scottish so I have chosen Scotland....

Please does anyone know how I find out what my country of issue is on my UK passport, do I just presume Scotland because that is where I was born?

Thanks
Amy

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hi

Perhaps a stupid questions but these immigration forms make me doubt myself...

I am trying to fill out a Generic Application form for Canadian Spousal Visa and I have a UK passport. It asks me to indicate the country of issue which I thought would be Great Britain or United Kingdom but I can't find that option. Instead I have the option of Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales or United Kingdom & colonies... None of these are mentioned anywhere on my UK passport, although I am Scottish so I have chosen Scotland....

Please does anyone know how I find out what my country of issue is on my UK passport, do I just presume Scotland because that is where I was born?

Thanks
Amy

I believe it says United Kingdom on my passport. or at least I think it does...I've just realized that I've lost the damned thing. Oh well, at least I know that I lost it in my house so it is around here somewhere.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Passports are issued from various cities. Scotland's Passport Office is in Glasgow. I assume you applied there. When you find your passport it states which office issued it.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
Older passports used to have place of issue on them - my latest one simply says UKPA.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.