Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has completed his application for his FLR M visa and is now making copies of everything to give to visa office at his appointment on Monday.

Does he have to copy every page of both our passports or just the pages with our ID and his original visa?

I have also noticed people including leases or letters to prove where they're living. The official document checklist doesn't ask for that but does ask for joint addressed correspondence over the last 2 years from 3 different sources. We have included the correspondence but not the lease, any comments? we are trying to stick closely to the checklist and not provide stuff they don't want.

Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
My husband has completed his application for his FLR M visa and is now making copies of everything to give to visa office at his appointment on Monday.

Does he have to copy every page of both our passports or just the pages with our ID and his original visa?

I have also noticed people including leases or letters to prove where they're living. The official document checklist doesn't ask for that but does ask for joint addressed correspondence over the last 2 years from 3 different sources. We have included the correspondence but not the lease, any comments? we are trying to stick closely to the checklist and not provide stuff they don't want.

Thanks!
From what I've read from previous posts for FLR(M) you need to photocopy every page of your sponsor's passport if you are not going include the original, and I assume you'll be including your original passport so then you wouldn't need to provide copies of it, but it seems to always be good practice to include a copy of the bio page.

As for the lease, it would be my inclination to include it, solely because you're attempting to provide evidence of your living together, and what could be better evidence than a legal document under both your names (presumably) signifying where you live together :)

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts

Thanks!
You're husband has an in person appointment?

Bringing his passport would certainly be easier.

In addition to proving that you've been living together you need to prove that you have adequate accommodation which means a lease if you are renting and the deed or land registry if you own. If your name isn't on the lease you will additionally need a letter of permission from the landlord.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.