Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

A friend of mine who stays in the Faro has a card he carries with him that is copied from his passport. It is the main page copied from his passport with his photo on it.

Can anybody confirm and where to get one in the Gois area?

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
We do not know your area, but we had this done at staples. It consists of front page one side and main page on reverse. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
533 Posts
Can´t see how Staples “stamp” can be considered legal by any authorities. Can you imagine illegal immigrants with “staple documents”???
John999

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Can´t see how Staples “stamp” can be considered legal by any authorities. Can you imagine illegal immigrants with “staple documents”???
John999
Read the instructions John 999 ...it is a copy of the passport in a sealed plastic wallet....JUST A COPY no mention of a Staples stamp :confused2: ..Staples is just one of the places you can get it done

·
Banned
533 Posts
Read the instructions John 999 ...it is a copy of the passport in a sealed plastic wallet....JUST A COPY no mention of a Staples stamp :confused2: ..Staples is just one of the places you can get it done
I have read and please… if you just could scan a document and put a picture on it, get it plasticized…???
John999
:eyebrows:

·
Registered
21 Posts
The post office will do a correctly notorised copy of your passport for about 16euros. They will also do other documents. This is is much cheaper than going to a notary and keeps you legal.

Alex

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
I have read and please… if you just could scan a document and put a picture on it, get it plasticized…???
John999
:eyebrows:
Yes John I have found it useful for paperwork that you carry round all the time it saves it getting ragged and dogeared and it only costs a few euros.

Has been really useful for hubby's fishing license ;) which would only get very soggy when fishing... or is that catching ???

·
Banned
533 Posts
That is exactly my point. Any copy of a document has to be done by an official organization, which will guaranty that copy with their stamp. What they normally call as a whit stamp. It is obvious that a copy made at staples or any other paper shop can´t be considered as a legal document
John999

·
Banned
533 Posts
John you do of course get the copy FIRST and get it stamped and them laminated
You might get it right one day, at least you are learning. I believe the question was: Can anybody confirm and where to get one in the Gois area? It is obvious that staples were the wrong answer. You might be able to understand now my reference to staples stamp
John999
:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts