Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a query on my passport. I have applied for Sub Class 189 Skilled Occupation Visa as a Primary applicant. I have Submitted my EOI and waiting for my invitation.

So before I submit my application for Visa I wanted to make sure about the address on my passport

I am married from 3 years now , My passport has been recently renewed on 15 May’15 however I have got it renewed at the address where I lived before my marriage (My Parents Address) and have not got the address changed as all my documents are on that address

My Husband and my baby (1.5 years) have their passports at my husband’s address where we live right now.

Will this going to affect my visa application in any way as we have different address on my and my husband’s passport.

Can someone Please Advise.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I would have DONE the Following !

IDEALLY speaking you should go ahead and update your Address in passport to your Current Address (i.e. Your Husband's residential address).

At the time of VISA application PCC would be required (IF you get your address changed now THEN THERE would be less complications in your VISA application).

Also CO might get suspicious THAT you are married since 3 years AND recently RENEWED your Passport BUT still you haven't changed your Passport Address to your Husband's Address (THIS IS JUST MY VIEW).

IF not done already THEN:

* Endorse Spouse name in your passport AND Your name in your Spouse's passport

* Your Child's Passport MUST have both Parents Name endorsed

BY taking the above STEPS we are trying to minimize FUTURE queries/issues IF ANY.

Hi All,

I have a query on my passport. I have applied for Sub Class 189 Skilled Occupation Visa as a Primary applicant. I have Submitted my EOI and waiting for my invitation.

So before I submit my application for Visa I wanted to make sure about the address on my passport

I am married from 3 years now , My passport has been recently renewed on 15 May’15 however I have got it renewed at the address where I lived before my marriage (My Parents Address) and have not got the address changed as all my documents are on that address

My Husband and my baby (1.5 years) have their passports at my husband’s address where we live right now.

Will this going to affect my visa application in any way as we have different address on my and my husband’s passport.

Can someone Please Advise.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Spouse Name is already Endorsed on my Passpost and I have also taken the PCC in advance to avoid any delays :). Do you still suggest I am required to change the address on my Passport. The reason why I have not got it changed is where I stay after my marriage is a rented house and the one before my marriage is my parents house. I have all my documents on my maternal address and I am still continuining with my maiden name after my marriage.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
IF you ask ME, THEN I would get the address changed!

Address IF owned house or rented house doesn't matter for passport, as far as you can prove that you are staying there. You can use your Husbands passport as Proof of Address (Other address proof details available on passport website).

ALSO PCC is valid for 12 months for VISA processing with DIBP. PLUS your IED depends on PCC. Refer to my following post for details.

IED into Australia most of the times depends on PCC and MEDICALS date

EVENTUALLY its your DECISION, BUT I would have got the Address changed.

My Spouse Name is already Endorsed on my Passpost and I have also taken the PCC in advance to avoid any delays :). Do you still suggest I am required to change the address on my Passport. The reason why I have not got it changed is where I stay after my marriage is a rented house and the one before my marriage is my parents house. I have all my documents on my maternal address and I am still continuining with my maiden name after my marriage.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have marriage registration which mentions both my before marriage and after marriage address.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IMO you should get the address in your passport changed to your CURRENT address.

I also have marriage registration which mentions both my before marriage and after marriage address.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts