Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdo Folks!!

Sorry I have 'nt been on in a long time lots been happening.

Well thats the first year over and boy it's been a journey. Started a business that did well from day one but the partnership did'nt (long story save that one for another day). Needless to say the business is still going but without me in it. I'm now doing my own but with partners being a big no no! Apart from that its been pretty much spot on.

Kids are well settled in at there Spanish school and have a close group of friends and loving there life in the campo.
Me and the wife of had a great time meeting new friends Brits, Dutch, German and Spanish we now have regular social meetings;) to discuss our time here.

Needless to say we have now very much experianced the minefield that is Spanish paperwork but have to admit if it was'nt for our friend at the town hall it would have been alot harder.
I have no regrets in the slightist about the move we have had some hard times here but we have gained some great friends who helped us through it. We have found the Spanish also to be very friendly and patient with us and some have taken us under there wings and all but adopted our kids. We have only encountered one person that tryed to con us unfortunately it was a fellow Brit:(

Would I go back? NOT A CHANCE!!!! I Love it Here

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Its so good to hear from you Drooby, I remember when you first came on here with all the questions!! You've done it and thats wonderful.

Jo xxx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Good on yer Drooby:clap2:

I hope this year will get you to where you want to be (or beyond) .......... with half the hassle:D

Doggy

·
Registered
42 Posts
For someone who wants to make the big move, that's exactly what I needed to hear! Waiting for the 2 years anniversary! Congratulations!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys! It would have been worse if I had'nt been on here before i went gathering all the info and picking brains:ranger: So big thanks to all!!

In the year we have seen a few people come over and have to go back again.
Biggest problem seems to be is they come over get straight to the pub all day everyday, Eat out constantly and quickly become one of the G&T brigade you know the ones (sitting at the end of the bar looking misarable) Then complain they've spent all there money and can't find work because they never bothered to interact with the locals or attempt a little Spanish. Any simpathy? Maybe a little!

Don't get me wrong I like a pint on a Sunday my Spanish is still very basic but the locals at least appreciate trying. Plus without the local I would'nt have met all our friends and got little jobs that help us out.

There's quite a big Scratch my back I'll scratch yours mentality. Local painter helps me do my gardening and villa maintanence when he has no work on and i do vice versa. No money changes hands between us just helping the other get's the job done. I also helped out around the swimming teachers house and this payed for kids lessons and the same with the wife she helps at the stables and gets the odd riding lesson plus again it keeps the kids busy without costing anything:D

All we did was get our heads down Take the kids out for walks and picnics instead of restaurants, Shop at good old Lidls and severely tighten the belts. It is possible to live cheap here and still enjoy it just have to learn to miss the luxury's!

All in All its not easy but be realistic and it is possible. Don't come out expecting to have a job within a few days and live the rest of your days on the beach or you will be in for a very rough ride.

Heres to the next few years:drum: Kill for a decent steak though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.