Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping to get a few questions answered (have googled and googled and googled some more - but just end up completely confused).
I have dual citizenship - UK and NZ so I have an EU passport..I live in NZ currently but i'm moving to london in October. I was h oping to bring my partner with me, but that doesn't seem easy!
I know we must prove we have been in a relationship akin to marriage for 2 years. What sort of documents suffice for this? We don't have anything official apart from a tennancy agreement under both our names, banks etc are separate. Do we really need to send personal things such as photos, wedding invitations etc?
Also, does all need to be provided when applying, or do we apply online and then send this when an immigration official gets in touch?
Also, I won't have a guaranteed job in London when we send off the application, so i wont be able to prove i earn of 18,600 pounds..however in my current job (which is in NZ) i do, would that show im capable of getting something similar in the UK?
Lastly, if the visa application is declined, must you still pay the hefty visa cost?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
To sponsor your partner for UK visa, you can meet the financial requirement in one of several ways, or sometimes a combination. For employed income, you need to be in job in NZ earning at least £18,600, plus UK job offer starting within 3 months of moving. Or you can travel to UK first and get a job earning £18,600 minimum and stay in the job for 6 months before you can sponsor. Or you have savings worth £62,500.
You need to send supporting documents at the same time as you apply. And you don't get the fees back if you are refused a visa.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
You, as the British citizen, must sponsor your partner for a settlement visa.

It has financial, accommodation and relationship requirements.

The financial requirements are below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

There are several categories under which you can apply.

Information on how to apply for visa is below:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Basically you need to be earning 18,600 GBP per annum, (at time of application) in order to sponsor him; savings can be used to make up any shortfall. The authorties will not take into consideration any future job you might obtain.

If you can't sponsor him he will need to get his own visa: Ancestry, student, investment etc.

If your application fails you don't get the fees back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.