Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I have been living in New Zealand from past 2.5 years .Last month I went overseas and got married to my boyfriend whom I know from past 10 years but never lived together.
I'm very confused in helping him to fill up these question from INZ 1198.
I wish to answer them smartly and honestly that should only help in making the case strong and process faster.
Any help/thinking is appreciated,it will help in brain storming.

1.When did your partnership start?
=> the story is we met 10 years back ,lived in same city ,studied together dated each other but never lived together.

2.How long have you and your partner spent living together in a genuine and stable relationship?

=>The fact is I met him for a month after 2.5 years and got married few weeks back overseas and now m back to nz .

3.Are you and your partner currently living together in a genuine and stable relationship?If no why ?

=>Currently we are not living together

4.Will your partner be in NZ for the same period of time as yours?

=> We are applying visitor visa on the basis of partnership and planning to live here together.But how can we answer this as yes ,cuz we r applying only for visitor visa and its only for 3-9 months.

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Dear all,
I have been living in New Zealand from past 2.5 years .Last month I went overseas and got married to my boyfriend whom I know from past 10 years but never lived together.
I'm very confused in helping him to fill up these question from INZ 1198.
I wish to answer them smartly and honestly that should only help in making the case strong and process faster.
Any help/thinking is appreciated,it will help in brain storming.

1.When did your partnership start?
=> the story is we met 10 years back ,lived in same city ,studied together dated each other but never lived together.

2.How long have you and your partner spent living together in a genuine and stable relationship?

=>The fact is I met him for a month after 2.5 years and got married few weeks back overseas and now m back to nz .

3.Are you and your partner currently living together in a genuine and stable relationship?If no why ?

=>Currently we are not living together

4.Will your partner be in NZ for the same period of time as yours?

=> We are applying visitor visa on the basis of partnership and planning to live here together.But how can we answer this as yes ,cuz we r applying only for visitor visa and its only for 3-9 months.
You have to answer truthfully and factually.

1. I dont expect that to count as a partnership so I doubt immigration will agree it started 10 years ago?
2. You haven't lived together sharing a house, a bed, responsibilities and bills/mortgage/utilities etc. All the things that make up a genuine and stable relationship.
3. You are not living together but you must explain why.
4. You must answer no as you do not have or you are not applying for the same visa. Explain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts