Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm a NZ resident from past one year.Recently went overseas and got married to my boyfriend. I'm back and want to call him here asap .

I have the checklist for the docs that he and I need to submit .
Have confusion about the
1. fund related :- I'm sponsoring him ,can provide my wage slip and bank statement.
Apart from that do we need to show fund ?
If yes how much?

2. tenancy agreement : I live in shared apartment .Basically i have no place to show right now about his accommodation .Can arrange just before he arrives .
So is this compulsory ?

Any suggestion/experience guys !!

Super Moderator
4,931 Posts


As per the normal rule for visitors coming to NZ, you as the sponsor will need to provide the evidence of the funds for the visitor, so $1000 per month of stay, or $400 per month if accommodation costs already provided.
You need to show you have the funds in the bank, or available on a credit card or in cash etc.

If you can't provide the evidence that his accommodation is covered you will have to prove the $1000 per month of stay funds.
  • Like
Reactions: sjn001
1 - 3 of 3 Posts