Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just arrived in Australia very recently from India. I would like to apply for partner visa for my wife to Australia, who is in India right now. For the time being, I don't have any job though I'm searching for it and hopefully will get it soon as I've around 10 years of experience in engineering field.

I shall appreciate you in providing the procedure of applying for it. Am I eligible for applying for it and how long this it take for visa to be granted for her?

Best Regards,
Vineet.

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Hello,

You can go for Partner Visa Offshore subclass 309/100.

Check this link:

Partner Visa: Offshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 309 and 100)

Hope this info helps.

Best,

Girl Aussie

Hi there,

I just arrived in Australia very recently from India. I would like to apply for partner visa for my wife to Australia, who is in India right now. For the time being, I don't have any job though I'm searching for it and hopefully will get it soon as I've around 10 years of experience in engineering field.

I shall appreciate you in providing the procedure of applying for it. Am I eligible for applying for it and how long this it take for visa to be granted for her?

Best Regards,
Vineet.

G

·
You need to show you can support your wife for the first 2 years stay. That can be shown with income or savings but there us no set or minimum amount.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to show you can support your wife for the first 2 years stay. That can be shown with income or savings but there us no set or minimum amount.
@Shel. Thanks for your reply. Can I show some bank balance of around 20-30K AUD? Is there any other obligation in the way of applying the partner visa in my case?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That should be fine, you need to provide accommodation and need to qualify as a sponsor. Partner Visa: Offshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 309 and 100)
@Shel, I saw the checklist for the partner visa and I'm not sure about couple of points on it. Please guide for the following points:

1) Details of your current professional activity: For example: employment, education etc. . I'm not employed yet neither I'm studying. For the time being, I'm unemployed. So, what should I need show in this?

Secondly, for supporting my wife for 2 years, please advice what is the basic thing I need to show. Off course, it should be finance. How much should be it around?

Actually, I dont want to leave any loose ends and want to make sure.

Awaiting your reply.

Vineet Babbar.

G

·
There is no set amount but whatever would cost you to live in that period add a quarter of that as a rough estimate. If unemployed thats fine just show your savings accounts and mention you are actively seeking work. If your spouse will be seeking work say so. If she is qualified to do anything include her CV though it is not asked for and yours to show you are able to find work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
you can ofcourse apply for it. Partner Visa 1000 / 309
Hi

Was through this thread . I have this query .

why do we need to apply for separate partner visa , cant we do the same for our partner and kids while submitting an EOI / applying for visa itself ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

Was through this thread . I have this query .

why do we need to apply for separate partner visa , cant we do the same for our partner and kids while submitting an EOI / applying for visa itself ...
Thanks Shel for the value able advice.

@Manju. I was already granted the visa when I got married. Yes, we can apply for our partner and kids while lodging the EOI for the immigration.

Tnx - VB

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks Shel for the value able advice.

@Manju. I was already granted the visa when I got married. Yes, we can apply for our partner and kids while lodging the EOI for the immigration.

Tnx - VB
Thanks for reply. So hv u moved thr nw?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts